Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I am trying to mirror the screen of an android jelly bean 4.3 device (samsung camera EK-GC200ZWAXAR) in real time to a mba for monitoring and recording. A simple screen capture of the mirrored footage would suffice.
The device mirrors fine via hdmi out to a samsung TV.

What I have tried so far:

1. Connected hdmi-out to blackmagic ultra studio mini recorder to macbook via thunderbolt.
--> Ultrastudio couldn't recognize hdmi-signal from samsung device

2. Connect hdmi-out to elgato capture hd to macbook via usb.
--> elgato device recognized samsung device signal at 720p 30fps, but only mirrored a green screen.

I have contacted samsung "advanced technical support" in the United States, the UK and Germany about this. And without going on a complete rant I want to mention, that their support is atrocious. The support staff was absolutely clueless, gave wrong, contradicting information and I received an idiotic email mentioning more false information. Blackmagic and legato were sadly not able to help, since noone (including samsung!) seems to know the output specifications of the camera.

Does anyone know any other way to achieve a simple mirroring?

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Noone?

Should've made a poll: Ass or titties? instead ...

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Mirroring android device

You might have better luck in either the alternatives to iOS or Mac applications forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.