Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteneDave

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
Hi, I have an opportunity to buy either:

- Used iPad Air 64GB WI-FI only (great condition, warranty, full package) for 480$

or

- Used iPad rMini 32GB Cellular (also great condition and warranty but just with charger + leather smart case) for 460$

Do you guys think either one of these is a good deal or should I wait for next gen ? I surely don't want to spend too much for an iPad and 16GB is useless for me..

Thx

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I'm partial to the cellular iPads and also prefer the Mini over the Air so I'd go with that option.

Here are the prices Apple is charging for those same iPads (refurbished) for comparison:

iPad Air 64GB Wifi - $589
iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE - $529

So looks like either one is a good deal for you it just depends on whether you want the iPad Air size and more storage or prefer the iPad Mini size and want cellular capability.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Do you prefer a larger screen or a more compact device? Do you prefer more memory or LTE connectivity?

I love the form factor of the mini, 32 GB is enough for me, and I use LTE for the GPS all the time, but what's best for me isn't necessarily going to be best for you.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Hi, I have an opportunity to buy either:

- Used iPad Air 64GB WI-FI only (great condition, warranty, full package) for 480$

or

- Used iPad rMini 32GB Cellular (also great condition and warranty but just with charger + leather smart case) for 460$

Do you guys think either one of these is a good deal or should I wait for next gen ? I surely don't want to spend too much for an iPad and 16GB is useless for me..

Thx

why are you even considering the used route when best buy is going to be having awesome promos soon with sale prices and the ability to drop .edu and/or movers coupons depending on if the employee is willing to scan both

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Depends on what you want to do with iPad? Watching movies? Full size iPad is perfect. Reading some stuff? Mini with retina is fine. I choose full size iPad Air so I can watch Netflix and other movies with easy to read closed captioning. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.