Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SharpShooter193

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Hi guys, new to the forum!

Was just wondering if anyone else has played Borderlands 2 on a Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2012 Non-Retina? I ask because after recently purchasing from Steam, i find the performance lower than expected considering the specs of the system. I find at 1440x900, most settings have to be on low to achieve a clean framerate, and even then in a built up area like sanctuary there is considerable slowdown. The game is by no means unplayable but just not the performance i would have expected. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? I would think a Nvidia 650m would be easily enough to have settings on high with minimal slowdown?

Thanks for the help

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Hi guys, new to the forum!

Was just wondering if anyone else has played Borderlands 2 on a Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2012 Non-Retina? I ask because after recently purchasing from Steam, i find the performance lower than expected considering the specs of the system. I find at 1440x900, most settings have to be on low to achieve a clean framerate, and even then in a built up area like sanctuary there is considerable slowdown. The game is by no means unplayable but just not the performance i would have expected. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? I would think a Nvidia 650m would be easily enough to have settings on high with minimal slowdown?

Thanks for the help

Performance is always subjective, but you shouldnt be having any serious issues on that rig. Have you turned off "automatic graphics switching" in your energy saver menu? Otherwise you arent playing on the 650m most of the time, but rather your HD4000.

SharpShooter193

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
I'll give it a try when i home, thanks for the quick reply, you guys at Aspyr seem to put a lot of time into each game you publish!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.