Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsquirrel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
I'm going on a trip and will be taking my ipad mini with me. I have it set so that you need to enter a password to get in and I added Find iPhone to it.

Is there anything else I should do?

Obviously, I will keep it out of sight when it's not being used.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I'm going on a trip and will be taking my ipad mini with me. I have it set so that you need to enter a password to get in and I added Find iPhone to it.

Is there anything else I should do?

Obviously, I will keep it out of sight when it's not being used.

Good moves you've made so far. If you are staying at a hotel and plan to leave your mini in the room, stick a "do not disturb" sign on the door so the hotel staff stays out of the room. Unless the room contains a lockable safe.

My only other suggestion is to always keep its location in mind. By that, I mean if you use it at a restaurant or other public place, don't forget it. I did precisely that right after I got my iPad a couple of years ago. I carry mine in a protective sling bag while traveling. We had dinner at a Thai restaurant in Chicago and I left the sling bag on the seat.

I was very lucky, as our wonderful server came running out after us with the bag containing my iPad. I could only thank her profusely - and mentally kicked myself for being so dumb.

Have a great time!

rsquirrel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Thanks!

I will do everything I can to keep it safe. Travelling with it for the first time. Just got it a few months ago for this trip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.