Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am going to buy an iPhone 3G for nostalgia sake. Unfortunately, the battery on it, according to the seller, is really poor - it lasts maybe an hour they say.

Therefore, I am going to get the battery replaced. Apple will replace it for £55 + £7.44 shipping (I am going to send it in). This seems like a fair price. This will result in me being sent a refurbished phone.

However, the iPhone has a cracked display. Will Apple charge me for this, despite the battery in no way being affected by the display?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Typically they will not replace the phone for the battery replacement price if it has any physical damage.
They will charge you the higher price out of warranty replacement price and not the battery replacement fee. At least that's what they do here at the US Apple store.
But why don't you call them and ask them first so you don't get any surprises. Of Course they will notice right away the screen is broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.