Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

screamieri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Hi guys,

I just recently bought a new MacBook Air and everything has been fine. As with my other Apple devices, I've been extremely careful in handling it.

A few days ago I noticed a clear spot in the screen of my MBA, which is clearly visible on light backgrounds, and nearly invisible on dark backgrounds. It doesn't seem to be a burned pixel, though.

Do you guys think warranty covers it?

mac_spot.jpeg

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
looks like a small pressure spot, usually caused by an LCD screen getting knocked. I'd try asking them to replace the screen.

bappada

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2014
Any update regarding the spot.

Did you get your MacBook replaced ?
Also , is there any chance that the spot might spread or increase in intensity in the future ?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
I had a similar issue and they will definitely replace the screen under warranty. They replaced mine. I think it is a fairly common issue. My new screen has since developed the same issue (around the apple cut out) but I'll wait this time to replace because I use a matte screen protector and I had to buy a new one the last time they replaced my screen.

Definitely makes applecare worth it though.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I had a similar issue and they will definitely replace the screen under warranty. They replaced mine. I think it is a fairly common issue. My new screen has since developed the same issue (around the apple cut out) but I'll wait this time to replace because I use a matte screen protector and I had to buy a new one the last time they replaced my screen.

Definitely makes applecare worth it though.

+1

I had one in the lower right of my Air's screen and they replaced the entire screen/clamshell without hesitation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.