Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2011
I do see a very strong resemblance between them. However, lets see what happens on the 9th. I'm not too sure those leaks are accurate.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Yup, I like it, as they'll match (I have an HTC one and plan on getting the next iPhone too)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I can see a resemblance...wonder if Apple took some cues from them.

The 6 follows similar design queues of the 5. Its. Ot much a departure from what they have been doing. It already has the top and bottom rear sections, just glass instead of aluminum. This is just Antennas moved to the outside, rather than the inside.

A concept that HTC One borrowed heavily from for their One.

Its basically a cost reduction to get rid of the glass panels, and the meticulous color matching.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah, HTC copies Apple, Apple copies HTC just an endless loop.

Not 100% sure if I like the new design yet, but to be fair I didn't like the design of the iPhone 4 at first, I'm sure in hand it feels nice.

mchart

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
No.

I own a M8 and it looks nothing like the new iPhone, or any iPhone. The M8 is MUCH larger then even the iPhone 6 will be, and has a curved back.

s.clapp327

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
Everyone is drawn to the white antenna bands on the back. If you disregard the bands, these 2 phones look nothing alike.

I think that's a main part of it. It was unique when HTC did it with the original One but the gunmetal gray on the M8 looks similar to what the gray iPhone looks like too. I dunno, I think everyone copies everyone.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I bought an HTC One M8 last week from a member of another phone-specific online message board I'm a member of because I was curious as to all the hoopla & hype is read about its construction. I was surprisingly not at call impressed...and certainly not when compared to the quality of recent model iPhones.

In my opinion...the new iPhone 6 design is 100% cleaner. & better looking than the M8. I think the M8 tried to copy the iPhone, not the other way around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.