Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Playgear

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
Hi all,

Trying to achieve a similar view as this:

50ea1dd91bc76ca73700cf89440fc1f1.png

I'm very new to Objective-C (I probably should have held out for Swift), and am not familiar with all UI elements yet, etc.

I think it's a NSTableView, but I'm not sure. So far I've managed to get a list of mounts in a NSMutableArray, but I'm unsure as to how to populate the NSTableView with elements of the array.

Any tips?

Thanks!

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Have a look at bindings, they are the easiest way to populate an NSTableView, especially those fairly simple ones.

briloronmacrumo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
USA
Review some tutorials on basic tableview operation

If you're new to tableviews, learning the basics without bindings will give you a better understanding of their operation. I would use the the standard data source delegates the tableview class provides. Maybe review lessons 13, 14, 15 in Luca's series ( these lessons are an introduction to tableviews )
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE83F832121568D36&feature=plcp

to see the basics.You might decide a view-based tableview is better-suited and there are some tutorials there on view-based tableviews ( versus the standard cell-based ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.