Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roshanracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I am having an iPhone 5 64 GB..
I had jailbroken it on iOS 7.1.2 and then suddenly my phone stopped showing the accurate battery percentage.. It always stayed on just one number even after charging or using. Eg: it was stuck on 32%.. even when I charged for a whole hour, it showed same.. but when I did a respring, it showed the correct percent and then again got stuck on that number.. I thought it was some problem with the jailbreak, so I restored my phone with iOS 7.1.2
Now even after restoring, still my iPhone doesn't changes the battery percentage and it also has started to reboot automatically.. like it happened in PanGu jailbreak.. the screen dims and then the phone goes off and again switches on..

I don't know what to do!!
Help needed ASAP..!!!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I am having an iPhone 5 64 GB..
I had jailbroken it on iOS 7.1.2 and then suddenly my phone stopped showing the accurate battery percentage.. It always stayed on just one number even after charging or using. Eg: it was stuck on 32%.. even when I charged for a whole hour, it showed same.. but when I did a respring, it showed the correct percent and then again got stuck on that number.. I thought it was some problem with the jailbreak, so I restored my phone with iOS 7.1.2
Now even after restoring, still my iPhone doesn't changes the battery percentage and it also has started to reboot automatically.. like it happened in PanGu jailbreak.. the screen dims and then the phone goes off and again switches on..

I don't know what to do!!
Help needed ASAP..!!!

Sounds like it might be a bad battery. Did you check if you were eligible for a battery replacement?

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/08/22/iphone-5-battery-replacement-program/

roshanracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Bad Battery

I am not eligible for the battery replacement..

Also, I had given my iPhone for power button replacement at a local shop.. So can that be a reason that this problem is occurring because he didn't fit the battery properly??

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I am not eligible for the battery replacement..

Also, I had given my iPhone for power button replacement at a local shop.. So can that be a reason that this problem is occurring because he didn't fit the battery properly??

Did the problem occur right after you got it fixed at the shop?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.