Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
I am sure there should be some straightforward way to do this, but cannot find out how.

I need to transfer some Pages documents from my wife's iPad to my iMac. We can e-mail some of them, but they are quite large with lots of photos embedded and some just won't e-mail.

Is there some way using the cable? We do back up her iPad to the Mac.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The iPad is my wife's and she and I have different Apple IDs. How can that work?

Easiest way would be to set up a user account for your wife on the iMac. I have this setup on my iMac, and it works very well.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
There's really no need to "transfer" Pages files between an iMac and an iPad. Just use iCloud, and the files automatically stay in sync.

Here are instructions on how to set up Pages to work with iCloud on the iMac and the iPad.
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH15387
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3565

Yes. This. Love the iCloud thing. Wherever I open a file it's always the latest one. If there at some docs that I only want stored on the rMBP then I save them and work with them locally. Perfect system. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Yes. This. Love the iCloud thing. Wherever I open a file it's always the latest one. If there at some docs that I only want stored on the rMBP then I save them and work with them locally. Perfect system. :)

Not only does it sync, but I can have a document open on both the iMac and iPad, and if I make changes on one, the other updates real time. It's so smooth. People are always saying they want iPads to run OS X, but that's not what's needed, what is needed is for more apps to work like Pages. Seamless transition from one device to the other, so it truly doesn't matter which device you are working on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.