Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirkalicieux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
I've been scouring the internet and App Store all morning looking for a task/event management app that allows you to do the following:

1. Create event/project "templates" so that I don't have to write out the same 20-30 tasks each time I have a webinar/training session (because each time the task list is the same)
  2. Set a due date relative to the date of the event, as opposed to having to set a fixed date for each task. This way, when I create a new project/task list from the template and I set the date of the event, it will automatically assign fixed dates to each of the tasks based on the relative dates I set in the template (e.g. 2 weeks before event, 1 week before, 2 days after)

I conduct webinars and training sessions as part of my job, and I currently just use a pre-event and post-event task list that I print off and check off as I complete as task. I would like to make the list electronic for several reasons, however, so I am looking for an app that is somewhere between a simple to-do list but and a full-on project manager (most of the larger project manger apps I've found allow you to assign costs to ask task, assign length of time it'll take, etc. and I just need something simpler). Maybe I'm just not using the right terminology when I'm searching, but none of the apps I've seen have been able to do both 1 and 2. I tried one app where you could create templates, but it only worked with fixed due dates.

The apps I've tried until now are: Nozbe, Todo Cloud, and Wunderlist, although I've looked a ton more on the App Store. I don't want to start buying apps unless I know they have the two functions I'm looking for, but I am willing to spend money on it if it can do that I need.

Can anyone recommend an app, or am I stuck in the realm of hard copy?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.