Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I must have dropped my wallet when I was walking to my car while pulling out my keys from the same pocket. I know it's too late now, but what methods are available to track my wallet, perhaps via gps?

This is one: https://www.thetileapp.com/

It relies on Bluetooth crowd sourcing though, which is not ideal. What are some other options?

I even had a card in my wallet: "If found, please call...."

Just really pissed and disappointed in people. I'd love to be able to walk up their doorstep with the cops (not that the cops would, but still).

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
My dad cleans up the parking lot at the school. If it's a business area, you should ask around.

In all seriousness, if it fell out of your pocket, most likely it was run over a few times as it could have flown under the car next to you.

Cancel your cards and let it go. I know they're trying to sell you piece of mind with all this tech, but they're putting into your mind that it's a necessity when it's not. It will drive you crazy to find a solution that actually works well and when it's actually needed.

mwa

Suspended
Jun 3, 2013
Memo: A Slower Seesaw!
There are tech ways to track it if it happens to be in range of something like Wifi or Blueooth, but they're more for finding lost keys and stuff and if your wallet got stoled all the thief has to do is stay out of connectivity.

Cancel your cards regardless of whether it turns up later or not; that's just common sense.

If you ask around and no one's turned it in, buy another wallet and let this one go. iPhones get stolen all the time and are never found, even with Find My iPhone. Technology can't overcome or cure dishonesty.

^^^Like she said... you'll drive yourself nuts trying to find a solution that fulfills even half your expectations. Miniscule, reliable tracking technology like that doesn't exist yet for consumers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.