Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
England
Hey, so I'm kind of new to the forum I guess and thought I'd read through some of the FAQs etc and one thing I noticed was that you need a minimum of 500 posts in order to have an avatar.

Now I'm not bothered about avatars, I've only just found this out. But I'm just curious to know why it's so high? Most forums I'd imagine have perhaps a minimum requirement of maybe 25 or 50, but 500? That seems crazy steep.

Any reason why? I'm not asking to change it, just wondering why is all.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Hey, so I'm kind of new to the forum I guess and thought I'd read through some of the FAQs etc and one thing I noticed was that you need a minimum of 500 posts in order to have an avatar.

Now I'm not bothered about avatars, I've only just found this out. But I'm just curious to know why it's so high? Most forums I'd imagine have perhaps a minimum requirement of maybe 25 or 50, but 500? That seems crazy steep.

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you to keep the secret, well, secret ;)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Here is a recent thread where some mods/admin folks comment.

Bottom line, yes it is completely arbitrary and they are not going to change it.

Welcome to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.