Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new report [Google Translate] from French site iGen.fr claims Apple may begin selling both of its iPhone 6 models at the same time. According to the report, which is based on the same source who accurately predicted previous Apple product launches, the two models would go on sale starting Friday, September 19. That has been the most widely expected date for the first wave of launches given Apple's previous announcement and launch patterns.

iphone6assembled2.jpg
Perhaps in line with a lack of significant leaks of parts for the larger model, a separate source indicates that the 4.7-inch model is likely to be available in higher quantities than the 5.5-inch model. MacRumors has heard similar news from a reliable source, who has indicated that two different iPhone models are incoming with the larger model shipping at only half the rates of the smaller one.

Reports of a simultaneous launch for both iPhone 6 models contradicts some earlier reports, including a recent research note from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who believes Apple will stagger the launch of the two iPhone models. According to Kuo, Apple will begin selling the 4.7-inch in September and the 5.5-inch before the end of the year. This staggered launch is attributed to production issues with the 5.5-inch model.

Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6 tomorrow at a press event being held at the Flint Center in Cupertino. Besides a larger display, the new iPhone may include a faster A8 processor, up to 128 GB of storage, an updated Touch ID and an improved camera module with image stabilization and a round True Tone flash.

Article Link: Both 4.7-Inch and 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Reportedly Launching on September 19

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Someone go tell the Atheists that a God does exist. :p

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I wonder if it will be like last year's launch of the new iPads, when supplies of the mini were tight at first, but quickly ramped up.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Ok so this wait isn't too bad.

if it's true. That's the fun of these sorts of reports. They are always full of 'may' 'might' 'perhaps' 'possibly'. That way they are never wrong. No one made a firm statement of anything. If it happens, great. If not, well they never actually said it would

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I wonder if it will be like last year's launch of the new iPads, when supplies of the mini were tight at first, but quickly ramped up.

Whether supply is constrained or not, there will be reports that supply is constrained.

Because demand. :apple:

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Not sure which I want. I'm leaning towards the 4.7" but the 5.5" is so appealing.

Hmmmm... first world problems.

Diaz72

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Nice! Even though I am still torn as to which one I would want to buy, at least I'll be able to take a look and make a quick decision. I get the feeling the 5.5 may be the winner!

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
If they launch both at the same time, I'm definitely going to have a hard time choosing, which doesn't bode well for the preordering, as I'd love to compare both in the hand in the store. Launch day store standing is out of the question for me too. Ah well, I'm still excited!

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I'll be out of the country that weekend :(

Hopefully there will still be stock in the stores when I get back.

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
It looks like the iPhone 6 will be my first iPhone (regardless of size). It's time to ditch Android (although there are a lot of positive things about Android and Android-running phones).

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
It looks like the iPhone 6 will be my first iPhone (regardless of size). It's time to ditch Android (although there are a lot of positive things about Android and Android-running phones).

Same here. Nothing against Android at all, just want to try something new this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.