Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple's September 2014 media event kicking off Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

9_9_14_event_big.jpg
For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about Tuesday's announcements.

Video Posted: The video is now available for on-demand streaming. This is a direct link to the video, with no spoilers visible.

Update: Many users are currently experiencing difficulties getting the video to load at the above URL.

Article Link: Apple September 2014 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Setting as homepage...

Does anybody have any other ideas about how to keep from finding out about the announcement until after the video is posted? Do not disturb - check. Anything else?

applepuree

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2014
Setting as homepage...

Does anybody have any other ideas about how to keep from finding out about the announcement until after the video is posted? Do not disturb - check. Anything else?

Stay indoors, dont switch on the TV or radio and never ever use the internet ;)

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

With Apple's September 2014 media event kicking off Tuesday morning at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about Tuesday's announcements.

Article Link: Apple September 2014 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream

Aren't they live-streaming it this time (both via website and AppleTV)? I'd imagine I'll be doing that so as to see the announcements as they are happening. Was fortunate enough to do that with WWDC this year.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Finally! Been waiting for this official thread!

It sucks that not that many people will be on here unlike past years since Apple will be streaming it. Oh well! Here's to remaining spoiler free for another year!

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
I'm in meetings all day long, in a building I know has very limited signal, so I hope to stay spoiler free!

I plan to go home and turn on my Apple TV. I hope it will be available there by the time I'm home tomorrow.

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Aren't they live-streaming it this time (both via website and AppleTV)? I'd imagine I'll be doing that so as to see the announcements as they are happening. Was fortunate enough to do that with WWDC this year.

Yep, streaming live on Apple TV, Macs, iPhone, iPads and iPod Touch.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
We will try to keep a close eye on this thread, however please report any posts and we will review them.

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Setting as homepage...

To be honest, every day there's an Apple event, I just ignore the internet outright. I even don't use my phone that much, because my brother loves to spoil it and text what happened in all caps :mad:

Especially Twitter- everyone posts about it, and I just don't go on the internet.

Then, I grab my iPad, some tea, and curl up when it's finally online :)

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Setting as homepage...

Disable all communications. Simple as that. (TV, radio, internet, email, calls, texts, verbal, etc.)

Don't do that for long though, you will go insane. Humans are social beings. :)

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
The stream can be watched on windows PCs. I just posted today the links to ustream and twitch where there will be live re-stream of the event for those like me who will be at work under windows and dont have unlimited data plan to stream it to ios device.

nikko1423

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
I guess perhaps if you don't have a Mac? I don't think they are streaming to Windows.

WINDOWS STREAMING IS POSSIBLE FOLKS!

All you need to do is download Quicktime. Macs just come with that naturally, and it will have support for mobile devices probably, as well.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
WINDOWS STREAMING IS POSSIBLE FOLKS!

All you need to do is download Quicktime. Macs just come with that naturally, and it will have support for mobile devices probably, as well.

In the past, I tried to access Apple's stream using Windows when they still had the Apple-only requirement. Still couldn't access it even though QT was installed....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.