Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huerz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
My airport symbol on the top right bar continually animates as if it is searching/connecting (screenshot attached) even though I am successfully connected to the wireless net at my uni. This only ever occurs with the wireless connection here.

Does anyone know why this occurring and how I might stop it?

EDIT: Macbook Pro late 2011, OSX 10.9.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 8.11.13 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 8.11.13 am.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
My airport symbol on the top right bar continually animates as if it is searching/connecting (screenshot attached) even though I am successfully connected to the wireless net at my uni. This only ever occurs with the wireless connection here.

Does anyone know why this occurring and how I might stop it?

EDIT: Macbook Pro late 2011, OSX 10.9.4

There might be some kind of error with your disk. Go to Disk Utility and analyze you disk permissions and the internal disk itself to see if it needs to be repaired.

Huerz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
There might be some kind of error with your disk. Go to Disk Utility and analyze you disk permissions and the internal disk itself to see if it needs to be repaired.

Thank you for the response. I did the suggested but no repair was necessary. Any other tips?

Huerz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3164009?start=15&tstart=0

If you google airport constantly scannign ro airport continually searching -
the thread above seems to be a first thing to try

Whilst the recommended thread concerns a different issue, accessing and playing around with the network options (as they discuss) seemed to fix it. Thank you for the help guys.

----------

I spoke to soon... The animation is back and playing again. Under network preferences it states that it's 'authenticating' (with a spinning wheel indicating that it's attempting to do so). I presume this is what is causing the Airport animation to continually play. This is odd considering I am connected to the network and not experiencing any disruptions to my connection.

Any ideas on how to finalise the authentication so that the animation stops?

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Have you tried just deleting the network from your known networks and adding again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.