Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shorty87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
Have plans to put together an app without any experience in this area. Have a feeling that this is a long term project: p

I have worked many years with food and beverages, and over time ended up with a fairly large database of wines, beers and spirits. I think about trying to get this into app form. The layout may be done quite easily with table view in xcode, and if I wanted a very basic variant I guess I could use NSXMLparser to get my excel databases over in list form in the app. I would like however to make a little more advanced variant.
See the photos to get an idea of ​​what I want to achieve. It is primarily the product page and the favourite system I am wondering about how to do. I am of course fully aware that google is your friend when it comes to things like that, but i'll try to take a shortcut here. So if anyone has tips on how to get to one or several of the elements, or possibly have specific guides for this, I would appreciate all the help I can get. Like i said, this is a pretty extensive project, as my database today contains over 17,000 products. Naming suggestions would also be appreciated.

23w2v74.jpg

dg4e2w.jpg

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Have plans to put together an app without any experience in this area.

If you have no experience writing iOS apps, I would suggest you spend a significant amount of time learning the fundamentals and then revisiting your project once you feel comfortable knowing the basics. This should help give you ideas of possible approaches to your project.

Have a feeling that this is a long term project: p

I would say your feeling is correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.