Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheOneAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
First of all, I appreciate any and all help provided.

Alright, here's my issue. I'm on a MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.9.4. I recently purchased the Palo Alto Cubik HD speakers and a Creative T3150 Wireless Speaker system (includes a subwoofer). The Cubik HD's use a USB as their input, and the subwoofer uses an AUX cable as its input. Is it possible for me to have the Cubik HD speakers connected to my computer as well as the subwoofer (through either bluetooth or the headphone jack) at the same time? I've already tried setting up an Aggregate Device through Audio MIDI Setup, here's what I tried... Perhaps this is where I'm having my problem?

SPECS BELOW
vvvvvvvvvvvv

Here's a picture of all the inputs of the Cubik HD speakers.

Here are the specs for the Creative T3150 speakers & subwoofer:
2.1 system
Dimensions
Satellite: 75.0 x 150.0 x 90.0 mm (2.95 x 5.91 x 3.54 inches)
Subwoofer: 184.0 x 225.0 x 190.0 mm (7.24 x 8.86 x 7.48 inches)
Weight
Satellite: 2 x 319g (2 x 11.3oz)
Subwoofer: 1.8kg (3.97lbs)
Bluetooth® Version
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Bluetooth® Profile
A2DP (Wireless Stereo Bluetooth)
Supported Codecs
SBC

TheOneAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
the cubic has 3.5mm input, just get a splitter.

So would the Cubik's still be connected by USB, or would I have to basically connect everything to my computer's AUX in with a splitter? Which of the devices would be plugged directly into my computer's AUX input?

gerasimos33

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
So would the Cubik's still be connected by USB, or would I have to basically connect everything to my computer's AUX in with a splitter? Which of the devices would be plugged directly into my computer's AUX input?

The splitter should be connected to the 3.5 mm output of your computer. Then use two 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables to connect from the splitter females to the 3.5mm inputs of subwoofer and Cubik's.

Just a question..a bit off topic I guess. How do you like Cubik's? Are they performing good when connected through USB?

TheOneAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
Just a question..a bit off topic I guess. How do you like Cubik's? Are they performing good when connected through USB?

I love the Cubiks! They have super crisp sound (not a lot of bass) and I got them discounted from meh.com for like $40 or something. Very aesthetic too. The USB connection must be related to the quality of sound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.