Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
In this post, I will keep track of the apps working AND not working for iOS 8 (GM + official release)
Granted, I can't test every single function of the apps, but the list below should give you a pretty good idea of whether or not you can make the switch.

Any help is appreciated. Both Thread Bumps and App Reports.
Please post your iOS 8 device next to the report (ex: iPhone 5s)

Not Working:
- Whatsapp (crashes ff / if messages) <-Fixed (09/09 update)
- Line crashes with anything related to Photos or Camera
- Circa: crashes when opening news stories, or doesn't load graphics within the stories when it doesn't crash
- Tube Downloader doesn't rotate videos/ doesn't show newly downloaded videos
- GasCubby won't load on GM. Developer says fix is already submitted.
- Pages 2.4.1 iCloud sync doesn't work on GM
- Numbers 2.4.1 iCloud sync doesn't work on GM
- Find my Friends 4.0 doesn't load on GM.
- EveryTrail & Everytrail Pro hang on login screen. App is no longer in the App Store -- however many folks still have it and use it.
- Dropbox 3.3.2 - When saving/exporting an image from Dropbox to the device, Dropbox app crashes. Photo still saves, and re-opening Dropbox will take you back where you left off.
-Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - Does not play music (only sound fx) and I cannot get my iOS controller working with this game since upgrading to iOS 8 GM.

Last edited:

Jeeg

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
Line

The app crashes as soon as I try to attach pictures from my Photos or take a picture with camera.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
When I try to synch my Dropbox password file with 1Password, it crashes.
Anyone have luck with that?

kylefsu32

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2004
When I try to synch my Dropbox password file with 1Password, it crashes.
Anyone have luck with that?

I'm experiencing the same thing unfortunately! Hopefully the update for iOS8 will be out soon, and we can use the 1Password extension.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Updated -

1. Added note in front of WhatsApp for latest AppStore version. This should be fixed I believe
2. Removed iCloud Drive as its not an App (atleast not yet) and new apps using iOS 8 SDK can only let access to it. So how it can be listed as broken, I dont get it
3. Removed iCloud Photo Sharing. I have installed the GM as clean (np upgrades) and setup all apps over it. I am able to create and add photos to Shared Stream just fine.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
WhatsApp working perfectly fine on both 5S and 5c. Fresh install. WhatsApp updated to the latest version.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
If you change to iCloud sync, 1Password will work. That will at least get you by until the apps are updated.

Not really since I use 1Password on my iPad, Windows, iPhone, and Mac.

iCloud isn't an option.

Unless there is a way to sync with both iCloud and Dropbox but I doubt it.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
I'd really like someone else to confirm this since it seems so odd, but I'm having a major problem with Google Hangouts on an iPad Mini Retina. The app runs, but when trying to type pressing any key on the keyboard to the left of "G" causes the keyboard to close. There's a divider across the middle of the app at about the same point so I assume it's related. Still, REALLY strange problem that makes the app kind of useless. I'm not sure how the layout looks on a phone, so this may be an iPad-only issue.

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
Not really since I use 1Password on my iPad, Windows, iPhone, and Mac.

iCloud isn't an option.

Unless there is a way to sync with both iCloud and Dropbox but I doubt it.

What I did was use WiFi sync between my phone and Mac and the Mac still synced with Dropbox. It should be enough for the app to work on the phone until the latest release of 1Password is made available. It means manual syncing for a while, but the Public Release is next week and 1Password say they have a fixed version ready, probably just waiting on iOS8 to be released proper.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
MLB AtBat crashes when trying to access a games live stream. Seems to have something to do with the location services. Accessing a live lookin (which doesn't verify location) plays just fine.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Circa

The Circa news app outright crashes cold when opening news stories, and it won't load graphics in the news stories on the off times that it doesn't crash.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Tube Downloader Video app doesn't rotate videos to landscape and cannot show downloaded videos. I'm going to assume other music/video downloading apps are going to have similar issues.

Apple NZ

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
New Zealand
Clean install of tapatalk on iPhone is broken - can't sign into forums, content doesn't load

Restore from backup tapatalk on iPad works fine though

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Built in Calendar app. Notifications fail for me and when trying to edit them under Settings —> Notifications, the changes do not save if the Default sound and vibrate option is selected. Since I may be the only one experiencing this issue, I have not added it to the Wiki.

Do confirm if you have the same problem.

graywolf323

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
Trillian on iPad doesn't work in landscape mode currently

if you try to open a chat in landscape mode you only see the keyboard but not what you are typing or the conversation

feel free to add it to the thread, it's a wiki post

I don't have 25 posts yet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.