Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yeedawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
I just updated my Apple TV 3 to the newest iOS7 gm that came out today and it looks so awesome! Love the way it looks and it already seems smoother. Anyone else update?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Are you serious?

And if so, would you happen to have any 1080p60fps video that you could test on it? Today, Apple announced iPhones that can shoot 1080p60fps. I've tested 60fps video on the :apple:TV3 and it can't handle it. I've wondered if a software upgrade could enable it or if it will require new hardware (I suspect the latter).

But even if you can't test that, can you dish about what's so great?

Update: and while at it, would you happen to have any h.265 video you could test on it too. Today, I learned that Apple has references to h.265 in the iPhone 6 specs. I'm curious to know if existing Apple TV hardware could play h.265 with a software update.

Last edited:

glennsan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Midwest USA
Apple TV Update to iOS7?

I just updated my Apple TV 3 to the newest iOS7 gm that came out today and it looks so awesome! Love the way it looks and it already seems smoother. Anyone else update?

I tried to update late last night but there was nothing available. Will try again sometime today.

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
At the risk of running afoul of non-disclosure agreements, did they make any significant change to the UI?

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah... I'll take that for a "no", then. New icons don't fix any of the navigation issues in the UI.

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
Anyone update to the new iOS 7 for ATV?

When do you think we will see an official release?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.