Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Well I did not think I would do this but after things not running so well under Parrallels I wanted to revert back to Bootcamp, since I last used Bootcamp and removing it and removing its partition I have upgraded Mavericks. I never had problem when I installed Bootcamp and Windows 7 under Mountain Lion.

So this morning I booted up and opened the Bootcamp Assistant followed all the instructions but it all went wrong at the point where you Format the Bootcamp partition.

I chose the BOOTCAMP partition in the Install Windows window then chose the "Drive options (advanced)" which all seemed to go OK, I then clicked Next and firstly got a message saying that the drive selected contained files or support files required by the system do you want to continue, I chose yes seeing as it was the Bootcamp partition that had been setup and formatted by the assistant, i got a message saying Windows installation had failed do to an error 0x80300024.

The drive I am doing this on is in Bay 1.

Thanks.

EDIT: Done the USB thing and it all installed OK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.