Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
The check elgibility seems to work fine for me from att site but not on apples or the Apple Store app? I want to make sure I am going to have no trouble preordering .is anyone else having the message saying having trouble connecting to carrier pop up? I really don't want to order from att.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wanted to check through the app, but I didn't seem to have the option lol. Where is it?

EDIT:I found it. It works for me. Can go as far as selecting a phone, just wont let me add to cart.

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
I got, Your existing plan is not supported on the apple online store.

I have sprint.
what does it mean

I want to preorder on Apples site Friday :/

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
Apple and att can't seem to figure it out i have called both . Att says I'm elgible apple can't connect to there server to very my upgrade . This is stupid . Is anyone else having this problem?

TahoeDust

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Apple and att can't seem to figure it out i have called both . Att says I'm elgible apple can't connect to there server to very my upgrade . This is stupid . Is anyone else having this problem?

I have AT&T and the Apple site is working fine for me...

ddd08e7c-1eea-4175-97ff-b8a7fdc9b1ac.png

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
Ya still not working for me . No one seems to have this problem . No one can fig it out . I'm gonna be stuck waiting in line unless I order from att . I don't want to take a chance . Does att ship on time?

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
I am completely stressed . I am hoping the check elgibility check is separate from when i actually order on the apple website. Cause ATT says i am fine to go but they say its a server thing on apples end. Apple says its att. Apple also says i qualify tho. But when i order off apple tomorrow when it checks for my ATT upgrade and can't figure it out i am going to be screwed and stuck waiting in line. Ugh

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
Ya I dialed the number
and att website shows I can upgrade but
I want to order from apple not att . Is att even reliable or does apple ship there orders ? I really want to order or through the apple website

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
All I get in return is teh NEXT option which I am not doing! It is plain that ATT would rather have you use NEXT than paying full price or even extending your contract!

What is it you don't like about NEXT?

They would like to be able to proclaim truth in advertising by having everyone on the NEXT program because NEXT is allowing them to effectively cut the rates charged to you and I by charging you for your phone separately from your monthly service.

I'm sure they absolutely don't mind you paying nearly $1000 up front for the phone, but most people aren't in a position to afford that or do so without feeling like they aren't getting a good deal against ATT.

You actually are still under a form of contract with ATT on NEXT, it just expires earlier than a typical 2 years setup.

----------

Ya I dialed the number
and att website shows I can upgrade but
I want to order from apple not att . Is att even reliable or does apple ship there orders ? I really want to order or through the apple website

Dialing the number was just meant to see if you could access their system from the outside, so to say, and not rely on an ATT agent.

With your issues, the obvious choice is to try ATT online at midnight, see if you can access your account online to purchase, and if so try the Apple website later in the morning.

If you are nervous about not getting a first batch, just follow through with an ATT online order because they are decently reliable with shipping the initial batch of preorders on time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.