Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morecowbell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Does anybody know how I can assure that FedEx deliver and not UPS? Are certain suppliers guaranteed to ship FedEx rather than UPS?

I know this question probably sounds ridiculous to some of you...but the truth is that my UPS guy (and his sister...long story) have a restraining order against me due to a minor incident/misunderstanding on 5s release day last year.

I cannot come within 100 feet of him, and if he tries to deliver to my house, unknowingly, I could get arrested, and worse, lose my job at Arby's.

Somebody please help me here, I couldn't sleep for 6 days prior to the Keynote & i've be sweating profusely and suffering heart palpitations ever since worrying about the delivery of my delicious IBaby (5.5 of course, FTW!!!)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Seriously a restraining order with UPS over a phone delivery? Care to elaborate? wow

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Props for bringing humor.

Its a nice take on some of the mega silly threads created around times like this!

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Does anybody know how I can assure that FedEx deliver and not UPS? Are certain suppliers guaranteed to ship FedEx rather than UPS?

I know this question probably sounds ridiculous to some of you...but the truth is that my UPS guy (and his sister...long story) have a restraining order against me due to a minor incident/misunderstanding on 5s release day last year.

I cannot come within 100 feet of him, and if he tries to deliver to my house, unknowingly, I could get arrested, and worse, lose my job at Arby's.

Somebody please help me here, I couldn't sleep for 6 days prior to the Keynote & i've be sweating profusely and suffering heart palpitations ever since worrying about the delivery of my delicious IBaby (5.5 of course, FTW!!!)

Yes I will help, send me the cash to buy the phone. I will preorder then overnight it to you by FedEx.

mghostsoft

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Redmond
It might be a little bit late but I would suggest you shipping the phone to your friend's address. AT&T only allows shipping phone to AT&T billing address (even if you are making the purchase at apple.com) so make sure to change your AT&T billing address first. However it may take 24 or 48 hours (I can't remember) before the change becomes effective.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

ARBY'S? Seriously? There's a billion food chains that you can use your skills, experience and talents. How difficult is it to pour oil in a fryer and use a spatula to flip a burger when all I see are timers ringing from everywhere, which by the way, on very rare occasions do I visit these joints, unless I'm ordering a soda "to go".

Last edited:

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
ARBY'S? Seriously? There's a billion food chains that you can use your skills, experience and talents. How difficult is it to pour oil in a fryer and use a spatula to flip a burger when all I see are timers ringing from everywhere, on very rare occasions I visit these joints for a soda.

It's not that difficult, but burger flipping isn't a skill you learn at Arby's. Probably he works there because he isn't co-ordinated enough to flip burgers.

How cruel of you to mock him for that. ;)

Spoolx

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2014

Is_360861_2055973.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.