Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After yesterday's media event, Apple updated its website to provide additional information on its iCloud pricing ahead of the launch of both iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.

As of today, the company's updated storage plans are live, allowing users to purchase iCloud storage upgrades using the new pricing scheme. While customers will continue to get 5GB of cloud storage for free, Apple has dropped the pricing on the rest of its storage lineup across the board.

upgradepricingicloud.jpg
Users can now get 20GB of storage for $0.99 per month, 200GB of storage for $3.99 per month, 500GB of storage for $9.99 per month, and 1TB of storage for $19.99 per month. The iCloud upgrade options can be accessed in the Settings app under iCloud ---> Storage & Backup ---> Change Storage Plan.

The launch of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite will see the official debut of iCloud Drive, Apple's new cloud storage initiative. With iCloud Drive, users can store any type of document, including presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images, and more, and then access them from any iOS device, Mac, or PC.

Article Link: Apple's New iCloud Storage Plans Go Live, Monthly Prices at $0.99 for 20GB, $19.99 for 1TB

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
200GB of integrated cloud storage at the price of a coffee every month is a nectar sweet deal for me! :apple:

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Ridiculous - I've got 50 GB for free on several services.

Where? So I can sign up.

At 12 bucks a year for 20GB and the iCloud Drive integration with Yosemite, I am most likely going to drop dropbox. Anything extra can be thrown to Google Drive.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I have time machine to do backups of all my devices locally. Is there anyway to configure to maintain an offsite backup with iCloud drive? If so it would be amazing and I would pay big for that.

brownpaw

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I'm on the "legacy" 15GB/$20/year plan. The text for upgrading to 20GB/$1/month makes it sound like there won't be a prorated refund or credit on what hasn't been used in the current plan, which for me expires in February. That's crappy. :confused:

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but when Family Sharing is enabled, does the additional iCloud storage get shared amongst all linked accounts?

LACW

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
I am on the 15 GB for 20 USD plan. Now it's giving me the option to go for 20GB for 0.99 USD, but I can't go back to the old plan. It doesn't seem like there's a reason to go back or does it? Anybody knows anything about this "upgrade?"
In the past, when I was a .mac subscriber they just sort of switched me over and during the icloud crisis, I got many months of services for free. Why not just switch me over this time? What's hidden?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Same as other: the 200GB option seems a solid one for intra device syncs of mail, bookmarks and other icloud content. If I could access icloud from linux more would be good, too.

jole

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2004
USA
At 12 bucks a year for 20GB and the iCloud Drive integration with Yosemite, I am most likely going to drop dropbox. Anything extra can be thrown to Google Drive.

You really trust Apple will not lose your data?

I am an apple fan boy that uses their devices for everything and loves OS X, but would not really trust their cloud services. Will keep using Google, Amazon and Dropbox.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
The Bilkening

How many "services" will we be paying for on all of our :apple:Gadgets?

mohremail

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
Has anyone tried to put their entire iPhoto library on iCloud storage? Does it work well? Looking for an alternative to backing it up on S3...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.