Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new version of the iTunes 12 beta for both developers and OS X Yosemite beta testers, following yesterday's iOS 8 Golden Master release. Yesterday, users reported having difficulties installing the iOS 8 GM from Yosemite with the iTunes 12 beta, and this update may fix the issue.

itunes12.png
First introduced in July, iTunes 12 includes an "elegant new design" that also includes support for several iOS 8/Yosemite features including Family Sharing.

iTunes 12 also includes improved playlists, a redesigned Info Window, and a new icon. iTunes 12 and OS X Yosemite remain in a beta testing phase, with a public release for the software expected this fall, possibly in October.

Article Link: Apple Launches New iTunes 12 Beta for OS X Yosemite

MikeCam

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Already been installed for an hour or so, haven't noticed any changes just yet! It does seem more compact/ cleaner though.

TheLisnakFactor

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
New York
Is it fixed?

I bricked my iPhone so bad yesterday trying to update to the 8 GM that I needed to go to the Apple store for a fix. I even tried to AppZap iTunes 12 and two other computers and had no luck.

Anyone know if I can safely try again?

:apple:

Dominic.

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Does anyone know if there's an option anywhere to hide recently added albums? Can't find a way to get rid of it and it doesn't go away after a period of time as far as I can tell

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I bricked my iPhone so bad yesterday trying to update to the 8 GM that I needed to go to the Apple store for a fix. I even tried to AppZap iTunes 12 and two other computers and had no luck.

Anyone know if I can safely try again?

:apple:

i hope so too. luckily i read about it before updating and used my old windows laptop instead

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I hope they fix the Wi-Fi sync, for the life of me I cannot get my iPhone with GM8 to sync with iTunes 12 wirelessly.

nomugs

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
I was one of the unlucky ones who had their phoned bricked and this still hasn't helped, I'm getting an error 3014 whenever I try and restore. It gets half way them stops and pops up with that error. DO you think Apple store will be the only thing I can do now?

nomugs

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Hmmm I take that back, I just tried it again (second time lucky) and boom it went through no problem! So flipping happy to have a phone again. :)

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Did they bring back the universal "Show Sidebar" menu option that shows playlists and everything no matter what section of the app you're in (Store, Movies, Music...)?

TheLisnakFactor

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
New York
Did they bring back the universal "Show Sidebar" menu option that shows playlists and everything no matter what section of the app you're in (Store, Movies, Music...)?

I've spent a good ten minutes looking for one - I can't find one :-( I miss this very much. I'm hoping there's a terminal command but I haven't had the chance to check the plist files

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
The Podcasts UI has a much easier and more understandable theme to it.

Played, Unplayed, Total Unplayed. Nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.