Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amviper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
A few years ago, I jailbroke my iphone but then reset it. However, after the I reset it, over 50 black icons showed up on my phone dock. I've tried to restore it, reset it, etc but nothing will get rid of it. Even after I got a new iPhone, they still showed up. Can anyone help me get rid of them? Thanks!

amviper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
An "x" will appear and can delete them. However, as soon as I restart it they all come back. Do I need to jailbreak it again and delete something?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I have no idea. I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of JB because I've never done it.

Maybe you should report your original post (tap the little red triangle) and ask a Moderator to move this thread to the Hacks/JB forum for some practical help.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
When you restore your phone click "setup as new". It sounds like you are restoring from a jailbroken backup and its causing problems.

Tmurphdiz

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Right but I can't restore it cause I need my contacts,texts,notes and everything from this backup. Is there a workaround?

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Right but I can't restore it cause I need my contacts,texts,notes and everything from this backup. Is there a workaround?

Your contacts and notes can be backed up via iCloud. I don't know of an easy way to backup texts. Look around for a text export tool, or really ask yourself how much you need the texts from the backup.

You are having a known issue with certain jailbreak tweaks. It was more common with older jailbreaks (3G, 4, etc), but it still happens.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I've fixed that before. I had to re jailbreak and use ifile to hunt down and delete the shortcut that way. There may be another way using i explorer ir something similar. I wish I could help more, but it has been too long since I last fixed it. A quick Google should get you on your way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.