Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following Tuesday's announcement of both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, Apple announced plans to begin taking pre-orders for the devices on Friday, September 12.

Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T will all begin accepting pre-orders at 12:01 AM PT according to their websites. While Apple has still not posted an official time on their site, the company historically launches presales alongside the carrier websites.

attpreorders.jpg

Unlike last year where only the iPhone 5c was available for pre-order, Apple will be offering both the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus for pre-order. There have been few reports on available supply, but typically it's best to make an order right away if possible because in the past, pre-orders have sold out within mere minutes. As we mentioned yesterday, it's a good idea to check on upgrade eligibility beforehand.

Apple will be accepting pre-orders through both its website and the Apple Store app. Along with carriers like Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile, retailers like Best Buy, RadioShack, Sam's Club, Walmart, and Target will also be accepting iPhone 6 pre-orders, but times may vary.

Apple's iPhone 6 is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities in the United States for $199, $299, and $399, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing begins at $649. Apple's higher-priced iPhone 6 Plus is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $299, $399, and $499, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing on that device begins at $749.

Pre-orders are expected to be available in the first wave of release countries: US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK, with the phones available in retail stores beginning on September 19. Apple's second wave of iPhone 6 orders will begin on September 26 for several countries across Europe, Taiwan, New Zealand, and more.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Pre-Orders to Kick off Tonight at 12:01 AM Pacific

Last edited:

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I'll be awake . . . . along with a billion others.

The last time I did that was for the 3GS.

Excited to go back to iOS on the mobile side . . . . . . hopefully i won't have any regrets.

MI MacGuy

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
Still those of us with T-Mobile wanting to use Jump! have no clue what's going on...

Hopefully T-Mo sends out a mailer of their own.

DerekDock

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Santa Cruz, Ca
Now to debate the gamble of Best Buy pre-ordering so I can have it first thing in the morning on the 19th or just ordering at midnight with Apple...

MisterK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Low pre-orders. High sales.

While I think this is going to be the most successful iPhone ever, I think pre-orders are going to be down from last year. The sizes are just too different to make the purchase before seeing them in-hand.

usarioclave

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Oooo, can't wait. I've always gotten a phone during preorder time, and I always think of buying an extra for eBaying. Maybe this year will be the year I do that: a small gold one for me, a big-ass gold one for eBay.

arian19

macrumors demi-god
Jul 9, 2008
AT&T forces Apple to require your preorder to be shipped to your AT&T billing address! :/

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
I'm not going to buy an iPhone, because the 5c is so expensive. However I will try to be on Apple's US website just to contribute for the total server meltdown and to piss people off.

:mad:

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
AT&T forces Apple to require your preorder to be shipped to your AT&T billing address! :/

If you order from where? ATT or Apple? I ask because I just did a test run on the premier site with a 5S and it allowed me to put a billing address as well as a shipping address.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Hopefully I'll manage to get one, never pre-ordered before! I'll be logging onto the UK Apple Store at 7:55am, and refreshing until I can add to cart. I'll be a little gutted if I miss out as I'm pre-ordering this time to try get it in time for a trip away so I'll have a better camera to use.

MI MacGuy

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
Hopefully I'll manage to get one, never pre-ordered before! I'll be logging onto the UK Apple Store at 7:55am, and refreshing until I can add to cart. I'll be a little gutted if I miss out as I'm pre-ordering this time to try get it in time for a trip away so I'll have a better camera to use.

Same here, let alone using T-Mobile JUMP!. I'm not expecting a fun experience.

epmatsw

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Does anyone know if a preordered phone will get delivered on the release date? Or will it ship on the release date and arrive a few days later?

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
What a frustrating experience this is going to be. I pre-ordered once before and it was 4 hours of reloading the website. Once you finally get it to load you get 1/2 way through the ordering process and it won't load.

I'm going to try ordering through Apple and AT&T. I'm paying full price so if I can get through to Apple I have to get the T-Mobile phone and hope it's not locked. Worst case scenario I'll head over to the AT&T early next Friday morning.

That's two Fridays with little to no sleep though. Ugh.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Does anyone know if a preordered phone will get delivered on the release date? Or will it ship on the release date and arrive a few days later?

If you get in early enough it should ARRIVE on 9/19. From what I've heard you have to be present to sign for it, they won't leave it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.