Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
I had the Spigen Neo Hybrid for my Space Gray 5S and loved how it looked. The case was actually very supportive and protective and had a shock absorbent inner design.

This is the case, though I got it with a slate colored bumper in lieu of the white one pictured below:

iphone_5s_case_neo_hybrid-infinity_white0.jpg

Have you guys found any thing similar or possibly even slimmer? I would love to be able to carry the naked iPhone in my pocket, but let's face it, that **** makes a nasty sound hitting concrete without a case on it.

dauby88

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Have you guys found any thing similar or possibly even slimmer? I would love to be able to carry the naked iPhone in my pocket, but let's face it, that **** makes a nasty sound hitting concrete without a case on it.

Have you looked at the Apple cases? They do a good job of staying really thin and looking pretty sharp.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
i'm a big fan of spigen cases - I've been using the ultra hybrid for a while now on my 5S. I also only look for thin and minimalistic cases, and the ultra hybrid is perfect for that. I actually ordered a couple for the 6 plus on amazon, surprised to see they were available already.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
i'm a big fan of spigen cases - I've been using the ultra hybrid for a while now on my 5S. I also only look for thin and minimalistic cases, and the ultra hybrid is perfect for that. I actually ordered a couple for the 6 plus on amazon, surprised to see they were available already.

Is the ultra hybrid the one with the cutout over the Logo? Those cases always catch my eye but I never end up buying them because all I can think about it the ring of gunk that'll inevitably build up, but I'm curious to know if thats something you have a problem with.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
Is the ultra hybrid the one with the cutout over the Logo? Those cases always catch my eye but I never end up buying them because all I can think about it the ring of gunk that'll inevitably build up, but I'm curious to know if thats something you have a problem with.

nope, the ultra hybrid has a clear backing, no circle cutout for the logo

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
In for this thread. I'm thinking of a neo hybrid, but on my GS4, it was pretty bulky.

I want something thin, but covers the bottom, so I can stick my phone in the car cuphodler without it getting scuffed.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
What's the difference between the Neo Hybrid and the Neo Hybrid EX? Is it just the clear back? Do you have any opinion on the EX?

Red does look pretty good though.

iph6_plus_neo_hybrid_title_red01.jpg

jmfangio

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
NorCal
What's the difference between the Neo Hybrid and the Neo Hybrid EX? Is it just the clear back? Do you have any opinion on the EX?

I spent a while looking at these and as far as I can tell the Neo Hybrid EX is simply a bumper without a back cover. The Neo Hybrid Ultra has a clear back and rubberized sides and the Neo Hybrid has a black rubberized back with metal-ish sides.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL

I was looking at this exact one but in the slate color, as it's the same scheme i bought for my 5S. The only reason I haven't ordered it as of yet is because there are no case dimensions on Amazon nor on the Spigen Website, and I want to know how much thicker than 7.1 mm this is going to push my plus to be.

----------

My neo just came in today. This iPhone is going to be extremely thin!

You bought one already!? Like the one pictured above? Would you be able to give a good estimate for how thin the case measures? I'm almost set on that one. How's the grip on it? and does it seem like it'll add bulk to the phone in terms of how wide/tall it is?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to order a case already so I can have it before I go pick mine up in a week.

----------

In for this thread. I'm thinking of a neo hybrid, but on my GS4, it was pretty bulky.

I want something thin, but covers the bottom, so I can stick my phone in the car cuphodler without it getting scuffed.

The S4 is a full mm thicker than the 6 though, so I don't think it'll make it so bulky, but you know better than I do. Which one did you order? did the gs4 one look like this one in terms of how thick it is, both around the edges and on the body of the case itself?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I spent a while looking at these and as far as I can tell the Neo Hybrid EX is simply a bumper without a back cover. The Neo Hybrid Ultra has a clear back and rubberized sides and the Neo Hybrid has a black rubberized back with metal-ish sides.

Check out the photo below, that's the only thing that throws me off. It appears to have a clear plastic back. $34.99 for a bumper, no thanks.

o7nf9i.jpg

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I keep looking at Spigen's Neo Hybrid EX for the 6+. I had the same series on my 4S and loved it but it broke fairly badly just from taking it out my pocket in less than a year which was a huge disappointment. Same thing happened to my dad who was also rocking the EX on his iPhone 5. I really like bumpers, but I don't know if the 6/6+ design lends itself as well to them as we've seen in the last four generations. Anyone considering that kind of case?

Also, does Spigen still include screen protectors with their cases?

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
I was looking at this exact one but in the slate color, as it's the same scheme i bought for my 5S. The only reason I haven't ordered it as of yet is because there are no case dimensions on Amazon nor on the Spigen Website, and I want to know how much thicker than 7.1 mm this is going to push my plus to be.

Maybe this will help:

H8Zlr5F.png

Caudabe Veil usually is the slimmest case but they are still producing theirs.

NVM. Didn't see you were referring to the 6 plus. Above is just for the 6 but it should give you a rough idea.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
Maybe this will help:

Caudabe Veil usually is the slimmest case but they are still producing theirs.

NVM. Didn't see you were referring to the 6 plus. Above is just for the 6 but it should give you a rough idea.

Holy **** that's perfect! I didn't see this anywhere online. Yeah Im guessing the 6 Plus will be roughly as thick , with the extra 0.2 mm of course. Thanks!

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida

----------

You bought one already!? Like the one pictured above? Would you be able to give a good estimate for how thin the case measures? I'm almost set on that one. How's the grip on it? and does it seem like it'll add bulk to the phone in terms of how wide/tall it is?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to order a case already so I can have it before I go pick mine up in a week.

----------

The S4 is a full mm thicker than the 6 though, so I don't think it'll make it so bulky, but you know better than I do. Which one did you order? did the gs4 one look like this one in terms of how thick it is, both around the edges and on the body of the case itself?

It's thin,I mean it will be perfect for the iPhone,it will give you something to grip onto. The bumper is a little flimsy,but it should do well on the phone. The red bumper is cherry red with high gloss. Think fire engine red. If you want I can post some pictures next to my note 3 so it will give you some detail on what to look at.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
It's thin,I mean it will be perfect for the iPhone,it will give you something to grip onto. The bumper is a little flimsy,but it should do well on the phone. The red bumper is cherry red with high gloss. Think fire engine red. If you want I can post some pictures next to my note 3 so it will give you some detail on what to look at.

That would be so great! I appreciate it.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
My neo just came in today. This iPhone is going to be extremely thin!

Which one did you get? and for the 6 or 6 plus? Either way can you please post a few pics of it, I wanna order the black hybrid but these cases always look better in pics. Thanks in advance

jmfangio

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
NorCal
I thought the exact same thing.

I wondered that as well...but, if it's a solid clear back, where is the cutout for the camera and flash? Plus, the Spigen webpage for the EX refers to it in the description as a bumper. I dunno. I'm not interested in a just a bumper so I've ordered an Ultra Hybrid and a Neo Hybrid to check out as well as one of their GLAS.t SERIES screen protectors (great price of $24.99 on their Ebay site).

Surfer13134

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Which one did you get? and for the 6 or 6 plus? Either way can you please post a few pics of it, I wanna order the black hybrid but these cases always look better in pics. Thanks in advance

I got it for the 6 plus. When I get home later tonight I'll post some pictures. The case is nice! But for someone that is always outdoors and do rugged things this will not be my permanent case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.