Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York
Maybe some of us are on the same boat? Figured a place for all of us to update like done in the past can help the anxiety :p

I don't think I've seen a thread like this made yet, so yeah. I plan to order a 6+ 64gb from sprint at 3am today. Hopefully the website holds up

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Me sad. Unfortunately I can't preorder because I'm not eligible for an upgrade. I am willing to pay in full but no dice.

#1stworldproblems

iguy777

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
What do you guys think about the new Sprint I phone for life plan ? It seems like it could be a good deal.

The way I understand it you can get either the 4.7 or 5.5 for 20.00 a month, but I am assuming that's for the 16gb model. I tried to research but could not confirm that it was indeed for 16gb. Anybody know for sure ?

RollTideFanGrl

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
Me sad. Unfortunately I can't preorder because I'm not eligible for an upgrade. I am willing to pay in full but no dice.

#1stworldproblems

I just got off the phone with Apple and they stated the same thing. I want to pay in full for the phone but they said only if you are eligible for an upgrade. Im only eligible for Easy pay but wanted to pay full amount. Do you or anyone know if I can pre order the phone tonight on Sprint site and pay full amount?

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York
I just got off the phone with Apple and they stated the same thing. I want to pay in full for the phone but they said only if you are eligible for an upgrade. Im only eligible for Easy pay but wanted to pay full amount. Do you or anyone know if I can pre order the phone tonight on Sprint site and pay full amount?

Yes, online you will be able to. I have confirmed this with sprint.

Bryanw3535

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
What do you guys think about the new Sprint I phone for life plan ? It seems like it could be a good deal.

The way I understand it you can get either the 4.7 or 5.5 for 20.00 a month, but I am assuming that's for the 16gb model. I tried to research but could not confirm that it was indeed for 16gb. Anybody know for sure ?

Seems attractive.

"In addition, Sprint introduced the iPhone for Life Plan, the most economical way to get any new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. iPhone 6 is only $20 per month for 24 months for a 16GB model, and iPhone 6 Plus is only $25 per month for 24 months for a 16GB model – there are no out-of-pocket costs and the plan guarantees a new device every two years. At the end of 24 months, customers in good standing can upgrade, purchase the leased phone or continue leasing on a month-to-month basis."

Source: Sprint

iguy777

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Ok so $20 for the 4.7 and $25 for the 5.5. That makes more sense, but the 16 gb is just not nearly enough. I wonder if they have a option to do the plan for the 64gb model ?

This would really be the perfect time to get in on this. In 2 years you could just give this phone back and get the 7 for free, and just skip the "s" upgrade.

RollTideFanGrl

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
Does Sprint have an app like Apple store in case the website acts up? I checked in the app store, but its says Sprint Zone and doesn't give you the option of purchasing the phone, upgrade or looking at phones.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I "pre-registered" for my iPhone so I'm sure I'm guaranteed to have one ready. :D

Seriously though, what the heck is that all about? They never emailed any new details or secret links. They just collected info they already had in my account and laughed at me I guess.

lusticke

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2014
Anyone else seeing that the iPhone Plus isn't shipping for up to 3 weeks?

Yes. That's what I saw. I ordered 6+ 64gb. I really hope that isn't the case. Maybe Apple didn't send Sprint many because there really is a low supply of 6+?

aimbdd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
East Cost
its still showing maint. for me. did you log in?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 3.27.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 3.27.02 AM.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 526

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York
I can't get this website to load at all.

Definition of Insanity, doing something over and over expecting different results. Sprint I really do hate you

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I can't get this website to load at all.

Definition of Insanity, doing something over and over expecting different results. Sprint I really do hate you

Whats infuriating is seeing people on twitter who actually get an order through. I have no idea how this is happening (well, i kinda do.... ugh sprint. just let me order so we dont have to look at each other for another two years..)

ariadnerentz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
New York
At this point, I'm willing to just add a line and get a new number and pay the ETF.

But nope, can't even do that on the apple store.

It's been an hour. I wanna give up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.