Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Got the process email immediately after ordering. Bay Street Emeryville, CA

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
How does in store pickup work?

When should I arrive?

I've never done it before and the link goes to the apple store website which is down.:mad:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
How does in store pickup work?

When should I arrive?

I've never done it before and the link goes to the apple store website which is down.:mad:

You simply choose a store, model and a pickup time.

You'll then get an email confirming it.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Unfortunately my local store wasn't available and I wasn't willing to drive 90-100 minutes (mostly due to traffic) to pick it up.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
You simply choose a store, model and a pickup time.

You'll then get an email confirming it.

I have my email confirm. I was wondering how pickup worked on pickup day. It didn't give me an option for a pickup time.

When does one show up to pick up their device?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I have my email confirm. I was wondering how pickup worked on pickup day. It didn't give me an option for a pickup time.

You didn't get to choose a pickup time either?

Strange. Must be different ways of doing it. I'd just get there when your Apple Store opens.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
California
So I have a "your order is being processed" email that I got immediately after placing the order. Nothing else since then. Normal?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I am, Cumberland Mall in Atlanta, GA.

I also still only have the "your order is being processed" email. I talked to a rep this morning from Apple who said that that is normal, and that my card will likely not even be charged until the device has shipped to the store.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY

You'll get an email that you're phone is available to pick up. You'll be able to get it anytime during store hours. As far as I know they're not going to tell you a specific time to show up.

I wouldn't be surprised if those emails don't happen until launch day.

hagalah

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
BTW, anyone who also successfully placed an pickup order like me for iphone 6 plus Tmobile 128GB???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.