Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple's launch-day supplies for the iPhone 6 are holding up fairly well so far, the larger iPhone 6 Plus has been sold out as shipping estimates move to 3-4 weeks. Overall, demand appears to be high as many expected, with the new form factor and larger displays serving to entice new and upgrade customers.

att_iphone_6_front.jpg
AT&T executive Ralph de la Vega addressed the iPhone 6 launch in comments at the the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference this morning, citing "amazing" volume with hundreds of thousands of orders taken according to Fierce Wireless.
"It's amazing to see the volume," he said, adding that the "systems are rocking" and "everything is going well." He said demand for the new phones is "better than last year and they're better than the prior year [before that]."

"Every time there is a change in [iPhone] design, there's an uptake," he said. "I think this design is particularly good."
Carriers are battling fiercely for iPhone 6 customers, with many touting trade-in offers to help keep customers on board or attract new ones. Carriers are also pushing hard to convert customers to newer plans that uncouple device and service pricing, financing the device over a period of 12 months or more rather than offering outright subsidies.

Article Link: AT&T Executive: 'Amazing to See the Volume' as iPhone 6 Debut Tops 5s and 5 Launches

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Everything is going well? My experience last night would beg to differ, unless Apple was lying about the carriers being unreachable in their reservation email.

Still, cool that they're selling so many, and I'm happy that I was eventually able to order my phone. :)

i-John

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2008
The Republic of Texas
AT&T site went live at about 1:54am CT last night... I had my 6 Plus ordered and got confirmation email at 1:55am CT... they are telling me the estimated ship date is 10/2-10/13.

Either the date is just made up, or they basically have little to no stock of the Plus.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Pre-orders with Apple were fine here. But in the UK, the carriers are being a right bloody pain. None of them want to reveal their pricing - so it's several hours after launch, and we still don't know the pricing from the main carriers.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It was a little late in starting (15 min) but my order via the Apple App went through smoothly. Can't wait for its arrival on Friday!!!

iHack13

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
city of octoberfest
How do we not know, that he is truly happy about the fact that there is lots of room for improvement and thus the iPhone 6S will sell maybe even better.
right?

edit: Oh yeah. And the fact that the apple watch wont affect his sales luckily.

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
The fact that most iPhone 6 models still have a order arrival date of 9/19 and the 6+ models are only at 3-4 weeks delay really confirms that Apple stepped up the initial production quantities.

I know last night kind of sucked ft orders due to tech issues, but we really have to hand it to Apple for anticipating the huge demand and the have enough phone to meet the demand.

Good job Apple!

macaddict06

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
about 3 meters from here. *points*
Great job Apple Support /s

"everything is going well."

Haha, yeah, unless you need to talk to Apple Support today. All calls go to "we're swamped, we can't talk to you today *click*." What's worse is that there is no queue or any even vague attempt at providing service today.

Great job, Apple. Drop a huge product and not have the support staff on hand to handle it. Stuff like this and the Livestream SNAFU makes me wonder what you guys are doing all day in Cupertino.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
would love to upgrade from my iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6 Plus but unless i pay full price, i'll lose unlimited LTE with verizon

YN36

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2011
Puerto Rico
can i still get the iphone 6 plus on the 19th from the at&t store if i get there early enough? i did not preorder it.

okayde

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
Lisbon
Worrisome, for a Telecommunication Executive CEO to say.

"Every time there is a change in [iPhone] design, there's an uptake," he said. “I think this design is particularly good."

:eek:
:mad::Say what?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
AT&T site went live at about 1:54am CT last night... I had my 6 Plus ordered and got confirmation email at 1:55am CT... they are telling me the estimated ship date is 10/2-10/13.

Either the date is just made up, or they basically have little to no stock of the Plus.

Yeah im pretty upset about that. From what I see, it seems as though Apple was the only place that had stock of the Plus models. And from what im reading it seems as though even Apple didn't have much stock.

I wish ATT gave an advanced notice on how sparse inventory is. Then I would have purchased the 6. I ordered mine before 3am and im in the 14-21 business day group.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Question for those ordering one of the new phones: if the 4.7" phone had the same screen resolution and camera tech as the 5.5" model which one would you order? Would it come down to battery life?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

They don't have any. Looks like Apple kept all 6+ stock to themselves....

I too had an order done through AT&T before the 2:01am time, but then got an email 45 minutes later saying they had canceled it because they couldn't verify my info....no idea what that means.

Ended up going through Apple. At the time, the Gold AT&T 16 GB 6 wasn't available so I preordered my gray 64gb 6....but now that it's there I want to cancel and get the 16 GB Gold.

I did this with an AT&T Next upgrade. If it's still in the processing stage, how hard is it to cancel and reorder using that same upgrade?

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
So what happened to looking like an idiot when making calls on a 5.5" phone?

Just LOL.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
"everything is going well."

Haha, yeah, unless you need to talk to Apple Support today. All calls go to "we're swamped, we can't talk to you today *click*." What's worse is that there is no queue or any even vague attempt at providing service today.

Great job, Apple. Drop a huge product and not have the support staff on hand to handle it. Stuff like this and the Livestream SNAFU makes me wonder what you guys are doing all day in Cupertino.

Really? Have you no clue of the volume of calls going into Apple right now? Just look at the insanity of questions on this forum alone and you can begin to imagine what their customer service is going through today. Even if ALL HANDS ARE ON DECK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.