Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
To go with my Gold Iphone 6

I got a Luvvitt CLEARVIEW (Clear):
http://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT®-CLEA...68&sr=8-2&keywords=iphone+6+plus+case+luvvitt

I've had one for my iphone 5 for over a year and i have yet to have a single scratch on my iphone. The iphone + is already big enough. Don't need a big honkn case to make it bigger. Also i want to look as it was meant to look. I was quite suprised @ the price. The one i bought for my Iphone5 was over $20.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor in azaelia pink for my white 6+.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
I'm waiting for SEIDO cases they make quality cases with kickstands.

http://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT®-CLEA...68&sr=8-2&keywords=iphone+6+plus+case+luvvitt

I've had one for my iphone 5 for over a year and i have yet to have a single scratch on my iphone. The iphone + is already big enough. Don't need a big honkn case to make it bigger. Also i want to look as it was meant to look. I was quite suprised @ the price. The one i bought for my Iphone5 was over $20.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I got this Spigen case to go on my gold 6+:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH8398Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And my husband got this Spigen for his Space Grey 6+:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLGLR18/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But his is just a temporary case until Magpul releases theirs. If I like my Spigen, I'll use it longer but for $10 shipped it is a great temporary case until more are made. The selection for the 6+ isn't that great, and I wanted a clear case.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Spigen clear for 6+

$_57.JPG

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Nothing yet, I am waiting to see what is available and what actually fits. I am thinking I might go with something a little stronger than the clear cases.

I had one for my iPhone 5s and honestly it looks awful after a year. Between dust getting in the back and the plastic has started to chip on the corners.

Plus, even though I ordered the gold I am not totally sold on the look of the gold back. So, if it's ugly in person I won't mind covering it.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX

That's the one I bought, and it arrived today. I did not realize by "dual layer" they literally mean "two piece". It's basically just a silicone case with a metal band that fits around it. I'm not really fond of it. I thought the metal band was built in. I know this band will be sightly coming off constantly. It looks nice though

thesiren

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
outer space

Clicked the link, took me to cases for the iPhone plus "5.5 inch only".
Just ordered one in gold for myself! Thanks bro!

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
That's the one I bought, and it arrived today. I did not realize by "dual layer" they literally mean "two piece". It's basically just a silicone case with a metal band that fits around it. I'm not really fond of it. I thought the metal band was built in. I know this band will be sightly coming off constantly. It looks nice though

I've not had one of their cases that was like that, but I do have a bumper by them that is. I actually have not had a problem with the band slipping off while it is on the phone. It fits very tightly. But this is just a temporary case. He wants Magpul but I haven't found anything from them about the 6 or the 6+.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012

I had considered this one for my gold 6+ but I didn't like that it wasn't available until the end of the month. I got the Spigen hoping it will be delivered before or when the phone is. If the reviews for the Luvvitt are good, I may order it when it is released.

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I just ordered the red leather one from Apple.com. It no longer says "available to ship in Oct" but now says "ships in 1-3 days."

Should be delivered earlier at the very least on the same day as my phone!

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Interesting that all of the Spigen cases are more than 60% off. It is possible they might not fit well.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I just ordered the red leather one from Apple.com. It no longer says "available to ship in Oct" but now says "ships in 1-3 days."

Should be delivered earlier at the very least on the same day as my phone!

I couldn't find any cases for the 6's on the Apple site. What I did find was that the Apple Store site crashed my browser twice and caused my retina IPad mini to reboot once!

Where are the accessories for the 6 located on Apple's site?

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
i was planning on going case-less but an apple rep that i spoke with today was really cool and added on the midnight blue leather case for the 6+ at no charge. you can't beat free!

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I couldn't find any cases for the 6's on the Apple site. What I did find was that the Apple Store site crashed my browser twice and caused my retina IPad mini to reboot once!

Where are the accessories for the 6 located on Apple's site?

I was using the Apple Store app on my ipad, and the first screen gives you the photo of the iPhone 6. I clicked on it, then at the top of the screen towards the right there's an "iPhone accessories" link. Click that, the on the right of that page, I chose cases/bands/something or other and then filter by iPhone 6 Plus.

Lots of clicking but eventually, you'll see the two available: the leather and the silicone. Good luck!

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I had considered this one for my gold 6+ but I didn't like that it wasn't available until the end of the month. I got the Spigen hoping it will be delivered before or when the phone is. If the reviews for the Luvvitt are good, I may order it when it is released.

Wow that must have got a lot of orders. I ordered right after i got my iphone early this morning and the estimate was the 15th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.