Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
I've never understood why people put cases on their iPhones which focus on slimness and design/tactile feel etc unless they have very active jobs/lifestyles. I can't even stand screen protectors as they make the phone feel awful.

Anyway, I,ve always used slip cases in my pocket and naked once out and never had the slightest bit of damage despite being jumped on by 4 year olds all day.

All I can see so far are ones from senacases, but they have no tab to pull the phone out so that's silly, or this snugg one which isn't out until October.

Has any similar "naked" fan found any other options?

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Always been a fan of these:
http://www.sfbags.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/iphone-case-suede-jacket

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Bought one on eBay UK. Leather pouch with tab for a ip6+.
Was only £6 delivered but that will do until some decent ones come out.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
Thanks guys.

I've gone for This £6 ebay one for now then will look into higher quality ones like those nice Beyzacases once they are out. £6.50 (50p for faster postage) to have a basic one ready before the phone arrives is pretty good.

icebergx

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm after the same thing and I've narrowed it down to the Sena Vintage ultra slim and the "Zero" or "Lute" cases by Beyzacases.
I had a Zero for my 5s, and it was really nice quality and genuine leather, so I'm tempted to go with Beyzacases again. The Ultraslim looks nice but I really dislike the "Sena" branding on the case and I've read mixed reports on the quality of their cases.

Both of these brands also appear reasonably priced, which is also good.

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
I really liked the look of the zero (not that is is out yet for the 6+), but was very put off by the extraction method. All slip cases I've ever had have had a little tab on the side which you pull and the phone pops up. Can be done in a quick movement. Pushing the bottom of the case seems to be much more awkward, especially on such a large device (and the gap surely leaves it less protected?).

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
How about this beauty? I want one so bad. A bit pricey though.
source: http://jolioriginals.com/collections/smooth/products/smooth-iphone

JLI_1794_large.jpg

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
I feel the exact same way about putting a case on iPhones I like having pouches. I have ordered the senna cases ultraslim sleeve but it doesn't ship until mid October so now I have to find something temporary, something cheap.

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
In the exact same situation.

I actually found the perfect one but they only make it for the 6 they do not do + cases which is such a shame. If they get a + one made I would buy it in a second.

proporta_leather_pouch_black_apple_iphone_6_02.jpg

http://www.proporta.co.uk/iphone-6-leather-sleeve-black

I have to have a tab, I tried one without a tab and even when it does come out easily I just do not like having to tip the case or push my phone out, to me that is asking for trouble in terms of dropping it.

Also I would not trust cheap cases too much or TheSnugg, sometimes they are badly made and when pulling the phone out they scratch the screen.

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Are there any new pouch cases available yet for the plus? Still having trouble finding one with a tab.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I've never understood why people put cases on their iPhones which focus on slimness and design/tactile feel etc unless they have very active jobs/lifestyles.

Bulky cases I agree. I think a slim one is nice.

If you have an iPhone for a year without a case and it is scratch free at the end.

You had to have spent the entire year placing it in a pocket with nothing else, Put it not on tables and such but on a cloth or whatever on a table. Basically baby the phone to an extreme extePut so much that for me itd be annoying.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
I was going to get one until they raised the price from $10 to $15 just days ago.

Yikes didn't realize that.. If it changes your mind any, I bought one and received it on Friday for my 6+ w/ a case and it's amazing. I can put it in my pocket without cringing and its a breeze to clean the screen with. I'd still buy it for $15.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Isn't it a pia to take it out of a pouch everytime? Not really going naked that way imho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.