Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfs2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
Yes, I'm one of "those people". I carry my phone in a belt holster. I've always purchased the Otterbox Defender. I no longer work in an environment that calls for that level of protection, so I'm looking to see what else is out there. I definitely still want some type of belt holster. I'd even consider a slim case that still covers the top and bottom of the phone, and buy a belt pouch separately.

Any ideas? I pre-ordered a 64GB 6 Plus.

Thanks.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
If I did a belt clip it'd bd the seidio spring clip. Just a clip for the naked phone.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I also like Seidio holsters. The only concern I had with them was the holster for the naked iPhone 5S was a little stiff and I was worried the top flip up part would damage the phone.

The larger ones designed for cases will often accommodate other cases, which is nice.

Easy to get your phone in an out. I am a physician and do not like carrying my phone in my pocket, so I also carry it on my hip. Lately I have been using leather cases.

Not sure what I will use with the 6 Plus

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I am also a holster user (the leather hipcase type) and have been since I got a iPhone 3G back in 2008. I currently have my iPhone 5s in a Spigen Tough Armor case and I have a marblue C.E.O. Prestige holster case for it. I am hoping for something similar for my iPhone 6 Plus that will also have a Spigen Tough Armor Case. The iPhone 5s is fine in a holster, I just wonder how the iPhone 6 Plus is going to be in one.

This is the kind I use with my iPhone 5s currently...

http://www.gomarblue.com/universal-C-E-O-Prestige?sc=44&category=143084

mookgiants

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
they have the PT branded seidio cases at best buy with the holster, 34.99, I saw silver, black, and blue when i went tonight, they said they just got them

techn9ne

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
Yes, I'm one of "those people". I carry my phone in a belt holster. I've always purchased the Otterbox Defender. I no longer work in an environment that calls for that level of protection, so I'm looking to see what else is out there. I definitely still want some type of belt holster. I'd even consider a slim case that still covers the top and bottom of the phone, and buy a belt pouch separately.

Thanks.

Another member posted asking a similar question here are my suggestions id like to hear your review as im interested in getting one myself.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1781015/

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I wonder if an iPhone 6 in a Spigen Tough Armor or Slim Armor will still fit in there holster? Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's hard to say. I have a CEO Premiere that came out when the iPhone 5 was launched that I bought really cheap from Amazon when I got my 5s (that has a Spigen Tough Armor case on it.) It fits but the flap doesn't close enough for the magnet to hold it closed. It's not a problem since the case holds the phone snug enough. But of course that doesn't mean their iPhone 6 Plus version will fit the same way unfortunately. What helps in their 5/5s version is that the slides use some sort of elastic that stretches to accommodate different thickness. Some cases use leather which obviously won't give as much. I have attached a photo that shows my iPhone 5s with a Spigen Tough Armor in their CEO Premiere case.

Attachments

• Photo Sep 25, 3 54 01 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 25, 3 54 01 PM.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 234

rsday75

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Does the clip swivel so you can wear it sideways?

I don't know. Never done the clip. I buy the X shaped belt loop. You can wear vertical or horizontal. I don't do the clip because I fear it could come off your belt unnoticed. However, I do see their clip is really beefy and should hold well. I have no idea if it swivels.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama

Thanks.

Go to an AT&T store and look at the Pelican Voyager. It is exclusive to AT&T. I always use an Otterbox but this case seems to offer similar drop protection while being much slimmer.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Go to an AT&T store and look at the Pelican Voyager. It is exclusive to AT&T. I always use an Otterbox but this case seems to offer similar drop protection while being much slimmer.

The Pelican to me is cheep looking.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I just received the Seidio Surface case combo with the holster and it so happens the holster also fits the 6+ with the Apple leather case on as well. I've been carrying it this way and it works perfectly. So for those of you that already have the Apple leather case (or silicone as well I assume) you can just buy the surface holster from Seidio.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

I have used both Pelicans and am currently using a defender. The voyager is not too much thinner and has a far cheaper plastic feel. I am one of the most picky with my cases and I absolutely love my defender for my 6 plus.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Just get the Amzer crusta and call it a day. Best looking rugged case out there and it has a holster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.