Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
So yes I did pre order an iphone 6 plus with 128gb storage.

Currently I have 64gb and am using like 33-35ish gb.

So just a question on what you guys will be using your 128gb's of data for?

(Btw really dissapointed by the cpu in iphone 6...the least improvment i think ever, especially when android phones are getting major improvements. Oh well looks like i will have to get the 64 bit quad core iphone 6s in one year).

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
1080p 60 fps Videos, music, downloaded iTunes movies, photos, etc.

As far as the CPU, I'm more than happy with it. The 5S was a GIANT leap forward and well ahead of its time honestly. No reason to make another such leap yet. Limited benefit for the battery loss.

:apple:

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
i was going to get 32 so now i wonder what people do with 64gb on their phone. It will be nice to not worry about storage space after having a 16gb 5s.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
You don't need to specifically fill the 64GB because you have it.

You pretty much don't have to worry about storage when downloading apps etc.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014
Some guys have 50GB + of music alone ;)

Add in high-res photo and video capture and imported movies - you can quickly run out of room, especially if traveling abroad for long periods.

I think guys and girls who aren't genuinely traveling lots but use up lots of space are just lazy at managing their media though (like my gf) :D

Mustangjac

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
Florida
For me, it's all about space for videos I take. With my apps and songs, it doesn't leave a whole lot of space for videos, so it's a constant battle to keep moving them off the phone to make room for more. Not possible when we're out on a trip. So the extra space is VERY welcome.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
i was going to get 32 so now i wonder what people do with 64gb on their phone. It will be nice to not worry about storage space after having a 16gb 5s.

x2, I wanted 32 originally but bogus Apple discontinued it so 64 is my next bet, I'm already maxed on my 16GB 5. I would like to add more photos, apps, music, etc.

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Lots of music and lots of photos that's where my space is used. Some apps as well.

Tv series/movies when I'm travelling etc as well

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I have a 128gb iPad Air and find it tough to get to full capacity. The most I've had on it at one time was because I loaded 20 1080p mp4 movies and few full seasons of tv shows also in high def 720p mkv format for use on VLC. I think I just barely got it to 100gb. I think for a phone, my taste lends towards 64gb being plenty.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
I put stuff in it. About 120GB worth. What else would you do with it? I'm confused by the question.

Just interested in what type of things people use, for example my games probably amount to 10-15gb, my whatsapp takes up 1.5gb on its own etc

I will do a decent clean out of pics and vids, keeping important pictures, probably delete about half.

The picture scrolling on iphone 5/5s is really bad because of the small screen, its really hard to locate pictures if you have like thousands of pics in your phone, wish apple would look into more intuitive ways to do this.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Just interested in what type of things people use, for example my games probably amount to 10-15gb, my whatsapp takes up 1.5gb on its own etc

I will do a decent clean out of pics and vids, keeping important pictures, probably delete about half.

The picture scrolling on iphone 5/5s is really bad because of the small screen, its really hard to locate pictures if you have like thousands of pics in your phone, wish apple would look into more intuitive ways to do this.

Ahhhh, got it.

I have a 64GB now. And a 128GB Air. I don't keep too many videos on my iPhone because I don't have enough space.

25GB of Music
6GB of pictures
3GB of video
2.5GB for Garmin
1GB for iMovie
And about 15GB in all sorts of apps.
iPhoto
Bluechart
Facebook (220MB!)
Tapatalk
Flixster
And a ton of others.

When I get my 128GB model I'll be loading some movies and TV episodes.

FrozenInferno

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2013
Most people will never come close to filling 128GB storage on a phone, and I'm sure most of those people wouldn't bother with 128GB to begin with.

Some will get the 128GB just to say they have it, fill it with nonsense that they'll never use or music they don't listen to just because they can, then complain that Apple should make a 256GB phone.

And the cycle goes on ;)

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have a large iTunes music library but after getting iTunes Match there is no longer any need to load it all on the phone.

My apps aren't even enough to fill my 32GB 5S so the only thing the extra space would serve for is to allow me to never have to delete any of the pics I take or videos I record. Even then a 64GB would likely be more than enough to handle that.

I guess some people find it useful if they haven't discovered iTunes Match and still want to physically load all of their music on their device or like to watch tv shows and movies on it. Screen is too small for that to me. That's when the iPad comes out.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Mostly music. My 64 gig 5s has 8 gig free now. My 128 gig Mini has 5.5 gig free. The main difference is the phone has 2800 songs on it and the mini has 7000 songs on it. It's overkill. I certainly don't need that much music on there, but on the Next plan it was only $4/mo and I figure it's nice to have some headroom.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
True. I'd buy a 1TB iPad.

I read most of your past comments.
You should consider a career in standup comedy.

I admire your ability to ignore the boundaries of the real world most of us are limited by. You go places. Take care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.