Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
The quality of their screen protection is on par with the rest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 5.30.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 5.30.21 PM.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 2,844

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Well, since they don't have the glass one, I did the next best thing; adhesive free film for 75 cents. I feel bad because that means they're basically paying to ship it to me...

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I bought a few, and felt guilty so paid extra for the shipping. LOL. Thanks!

qnssekr

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Extreme Guard did the same thing when the iPhone 5 came out. I bought a few and they were basically useless. You have to dip the screen in water so it adheres to the front glass panel of your phone. Then you have to wait for the screen to dry. Not good if your looking for instant gratification and i found it hard to believe that the water bubbles would dry up. I'm very skeptical of this product.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
welcome

----------

No problem, I love this company and how hard they try.

Extreme Guard did the same thing when the iPhone 5 came out. I bought a few and they were basically useless. You have to dip the screen in water so it adheres to the front glass panel of your phone. Then you have to wait for the screen to dry. Not good if your looking for instant gratification and i found it hard to believe that the water bubbles would dry up. I'm very skeptical of this product.
The one i picked up is a new dry-fit model... so I hope it works well. I'll review it once I'm done.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore

I just have to counter your application method. You don't dip it. It's the same as any wet applicator screen protector. You wet the protector and apply it. If you can't do it then there is no reason to blame anyone else but your self. Zagg, extreme guard, and many others use the same method. They even off a dry instal hd one.

----------

The one i picked up is a new dry-fit model... so I hope it works well. I'll review it once I'm done.

Good luck, let us know how it worked out. I need guinie pig before I order one.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
So you bash the company for your inability to follow the install directions?
I've used this company before and I have done a ton of wet screen protector installs. I have my own method of doing it, but the gist is, it takes patience, it takes good prep, it takes a bit of skill and you won't get all the bubbles out during application. There are always a few tiny ones that remain. And yes, they do going away over the course of 4-5 days.
When I am done, you can't even see the screen protector unless you look very, very closely and at angles.

If you want instant gratification, either get tempered glass or a dry, plastic install.

----------

The quality of their screen protection is on par with the rest.

Damn you and this coupon code! I just bought some more stuff. ;)

P.S. Thanks again for the code. Awesome savings for a great company.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
So you bash the company for your inability to follow the install directions?
I've used this company before and I have done a ton of wet screen protector installs. I have my own method of doing it, but the gist is, it takes patience, it takes good prep, it takes a bit of skill and you won't get all the bubbles out during application. There are always a few tiny ones that remain. And yes, they do going away over the course of 4-5 days.
When I am done, you can't even see the screen protector unless you look very, very closely and at angles.

If you want instant gratification, either get tempered glass or a dry, plastic install.

----------

Damn you and this coupon code! I just bought some more stuff. ;)

P.S. Thanks again for the code. Awesome savings for a great company.

Your welcome, and I don't understand how you can bash a company for lack of skill and they are selling it probably at about 10% markup.

----------

Thanks Raffi, ordered 3 of those jokers. How is this company making any money.

No idea

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I feel like I'm stealing from them. How are they doing this? lol
I wouldn't worry too much. They probably pay about 10cents for each one. They're not in business to sell things for a loss. I bought their 5S glsss for $7 off Amazon with no coupon a couple months back.

----------

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a $50 tempered glass screen protector for $8.50 shipped.

$50 ... there's a real laugh. They'll never ever sell it for anything close to that price.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I had their wet application protectors before, and it was trash. Still have some playing around and it was a huge waste of the small money I paid on a similar deal.

I wonder what their glass protector is like though, anyone have experience with it?

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I had their wet application protectors before, and it was trash. Still have some playing around and it was a huge waste of the small money I paid on a similar deal.

I wonder what their glass protector is like though, anyone have experience with it?

What's better about other companies wet install?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.