Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecoast

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
I missed the boat and got shown 3-4 week delivery for iPhone 6 Plus 128gb but I'd still like to get a sim-free phone either on launch day or a couple of days after.

Anyone know where to get one in London? Do you reckon the Apple Store will still have stock after the launch day?

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Only way to get one on launch day now is to queue up at an Apple Store VERY EARLY.

You can also see if you can get one at CPW, put a Three sim in and then get them to unlock it.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=billing,varset_subcat=3772,Case=obj(4363)

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I missed the boat and got shown 3-4 week delivery for iPhone 6 Plus 128gb but I'd still like to get a sim-free phone either on launch day or a couple of days after.

Anyone know where to get one in London? Do you reckon the Apple Store will still have stock after the launch day?

Apple are the only store that will have (well, they did have, probably all sold out now unless you queue up REALLY early) unlocked iPhone's on launch day.

Other shops like Carphone Warehouse etc. have to wait a few weeks until you can buy a SIM-free iPhone.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014

What about moving out of London to pick one up? Could be easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.