Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm trying to compile a list of 6+ cases that can carry a few cards, but aren't a folio style case.

My main reasoning for this:
I commute on the train, and while it seems silly, having to get my wallet out to get my ticket out becomes a hassle, especially since I have my phone in my hand for pretty much the entire journey.

Where I work we have card access for all the doors, and I find myself moving around the office quite a bit, again a hassle to keep taking my wallet in and out to get in places, especially when I always have my phone in hand when moving about.

Right now there are only 2 cases that I have found that fit this bill, the Spigen Slim Armor, and the Incipio Stowaway case. Of course neither of these are available on launch day either, but that's something I'll just deal with.

What other cases are out there that you may know about that fit this bill? Hopefully I'm not the only one who is searching for these options.

coolnwo

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Good question. Please post if you see something.

We still need to carry our ID.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I'm really feeling this case for the 6 plus by incipio. I like the cut outs and that it holds cards/cash with a seperate stand on top. Real smooth. It's the Stowaway Advance for $34.99. Coming Soon. By the time I get my plus later this year( hopefully) it will be out and reviewed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 567

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
these are too damn thick. case-mate needs to setup it up and bring us a barely there ID case like they have for all the other past phones.

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2009
I checked with Incipio today, they said that they have no plans to make the "Stashback" case which is what I have used for years.

hypno

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
Kind of expensive at $69 with coupon code, but I am going to do Pad & Quill Traveler I think. I guess if I'm going to put a case on the phone it might as well be something with a bit nicer feel than plastic.

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-fo...plus/the-traveler-case-for-iphone-6-plus.html

traveler-6plus_3.jpg

traveler-6plus_2.jpg

For real minimal I think this design on Etsy is also interesting with the mini suction back. It isn't a case, but you can carry up to 4 cards.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/196206177/kapotas-the-ultimate-minimalist-wallet?

Last edited:

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
$69 is steep, never really been a fan of leather cases, especially as they'll stretch over time.

Still looks like the Incipio or Spigen are the best options IMO. Unfortunately neither will be available launch day.

That link from etsy is an interesting idea for sure, but if I'm going to have to stick something to my phone, I'd rather it provide some degree of protection, and seems as though it would be slightly awkward to hold in hand.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
The thing I don't like about the card cases from the big companies is that they cover the bottom. This break a lot of things for me like some docking stations.

I'm using a Hex Solo:
http://www.shophex.com/shop/cases/iphone-5-iphone-5s-cases/solo-wallet-for-iphone-5

And really like it. I'd prefer the top were enclosed but it is what it is. And with the larger size of the iPhone's I'm hoping they can do three or four cards in the new cases.

I'm pretty tempted to just buy an Apple case and use a Card Ninja until I can find something better.
http://www.amazon.com/CardNinja-Ult...TF8&qid=1410898038&sr=8-1&keywords=card+ninja

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Kind of expensive at $69 with coupon code, but I am going to do Pad & Quill Traveler I think. I guess if I'm going to put a case on the phone it might as well be something with a bit nicer feel than plastic.

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-fo...plus/the-traveler-case-for-iphone-6-plus.html

For real minimal I think this design on Etsy is also interesting with the mini suction back. It isn't a case, but you can carry up to 4 cards.

Yikes! Look at those gaps!

cleirac

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
I'm really feeling this case for the 6 plus by incipio. I like the cut outs and that it holds cards/cash with a seperate stand on top. Real smooth. It's the Stowaway Advance for $34.99. Coming Soon. By the time I get my plus later this year( hopefully) it will be out and reviewed.

I am on this! Branding is inside. (?) Never mind. :( How come the other in the next post does not have any branding?

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I think the Incipio and Spigen are the best options. I also had the SAFE wallet by BulletTrain. Great concept but the plastic they used, I didn't like the feeling. Felt kinda cheap but the case did hold up. Theyre working on one for the 6 and 6+. Here a few pics of their iPhone 5 model. Hoping they do something special for the bigger 6 and 6+

272544b52be8d3c866e6e77502f9269c.jpg
b744a480dc4f585fa1d2003d9e9acb5e.jpg
5d86f637d7fbd7f95233f89d7dab8b69.jpg

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA

that case looks terrible... its not really even a case...

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
I think the Incipio and Spigen are the best options. I also had the SAFE wallet by BulletTrain. Great concept but the plastic they used, I didn't like the feeling. Felt kinda cheap but the case did hold up. Theyre working on one for the 6 and 6+. Here a few pics of their iPhone 5 model. Hoping they do something special for the bigger 6 and 6+

ImageImageImage
I liked the first gen wallet, but apparently BulletTrain was having some issues and changed the materials - the dark "matte metallic" in that first picture looks first gen.

I really liked the first gen. the material in the second gen wallets not so much. But the design was great.

C0bra K0mmander

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
New Jersey
Heritage Wallet Book...Sena Cases

Attachments

• iphone_6_heritage_wallet_book_detail_1_desk_3.jpg
    iphone_6_heritage_wallet_book_detail_1_desk_3.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 938
  • iphone_6_heritage_wallet_book_detail_5_desk_1.jpg
    iphone_6_heritage_wallet_book_detail_5_desk_1.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 2,252

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
that etsy one is very interesting. i carry around a very minimalist wallet. it's a leather card carrier and only holds 4 cards but it's still something to carry around. i like the idea of sticking to the back of the phone but i wouldn't want it there all the time.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I don't want a folio, I use my phone too much, and I always feel like they get in the way. With the size of the 6+ I really don't think I can afford for awkward hand feeling of having the flap flopping around or tucked behind the phone in my hand.

applebro

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
OP, i feel the same way. The only one that looks good imo is the Spigen slim armor. Can hold 2 cards and from what I can see in the pics it looks thin. 2 cards is plenty. 1 ID and 1 CC.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
OP, i feel the same way. The only one that looks good imo is the Spigen slim armor. Can hold 2 cards and from what I can see in the pics it looks thin. 2 cards is plenty. 1 ID and 1 CC.

Exactly, I'd carry my work ID, metro card, and monthly train pass in there. As that's all I'd need in there.

hypno

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2012
that etsy one is very interesting. i carry around a very minimalist wallet. it's a leather card carrier and only holds 4 cards but it's still something to carry around. i like the idea of sticking to the back of the phone but i wouldn't want it there all the time.

I went with the Easy one after all. Similar to your current situation, I don't want it on the phone all the time however would appreciate the option. It suctions to just about any non-porous material so I'm hoping to find something flexible like TPU cut to size and have the option to carry it as a wallet, stick on phone, etc.

I just don't want these bulky plastic cases. Until something thin is released with a few slots for cards on back vs giant compartments I'm just going to go with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.