Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
There's a common trend on the forum that this specific model:

GSM (AT&T for me)
iPhone 6 Plus
Space Gray
64 GB

is still stuck on processing for the Apple Store pre-orders. Anyone else having this issue wanna chip on their order specific details? For example:

I placed my order at 3:24 EST and I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Mine has been in the processing stage and hasn't left that stage since I made my order. Funny enough, I made an order for the same exact model under my Apple ID (his AT&T account though) for a friend of mine who lives in West Palm Beach, the county north of Broward county. His order has been in the "preparing for shipment" phase since Sunday, and his phone's serial number already shows up on my support profile, plus it has a tracking number with UPS (location: China). I made his order about 30 minutes after I made mine, and his phone is a week 37 (last week) device.

My delivery date is still scheduled for 9/19, and there are no hold issues with my bank (I contacted them to check).

I know others on here are going through the same thing with the exact model as mine, so please pitch in on specifics surrounding your case! :) Maybe we can find out why this specific model has this reoccurring issue for the Apple Store pre-orders, and keep each other updated regarding the statuses of our individual orders!

EDIT ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compiling the information presented by members experiencing the same problem in this thread, I came up with this:

All orders listed were made on 9/12 when pre-orders kicked off, they all have 9/19 delivery dates.

ALL devices are AT&T GSM iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB Space Gray models.

ALL times EST (Eastern Standard) AM.

Orders placed early in the night (Processing):
kels0119: 3:20 EST
thoryamaha919: 3:24 EST

Orders placed early in the night (Recently updated to Preparing for shipment. Time updated in asterisks):
StellarZ: 3:20 EST *9/15 6:00 PM EST*
Aston.Zagato: 3:22 EST *9/15 7:11 PM EST*
greyhounds4: 3:23 EST *9/15 7:28 PM EST*
dfiz1: 3:24 EST *9/15 5:06 PM EST*
SCMedic: 3:24 EST *9/15 5:40 PM EST*
Rick73tii: 3:24 EST *9/15 6:53 PM EST*
stephen1108: 3:24 EST *9/15 6:55 PM EST*
flastar23: 3:25 EST *9/15 5:59 PM EST*
EngenZerO: 3:25 EST *9/15 7:15 PM EST*
airfrancisco: 3:25 EST *9/15 7:35 PM EST*
fossen: 3:26 EST *9/15 7:06 PM EST*
Salukipilot4590: 3:32 EST *9/15 7:06 PM EST*
Jd3774life: *9/15 7:20 PM EST*
penajmz: *9/15 7:35 PM EST*

Orders placed later on in the night (Preparing for shipment as of Saturday/Sunday):
Brent (my friend): 3:40 EST
smohr33: 3:44 EST
DelMac: 3:51 EST
noobinator: 3:56 EST

There's a consistent trend here time wise. All the early orders are still stuck in processing. This leads us to believe that the early orders' stock is already in the US, and they're not coming from China. Hence why they haven't been prepped for shipping yet and are still in the processing stage!

Last edited:

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
I have the 128GB version of that model and its in processing. I seemed to have notice pretty much everyone with in-store pickup is in processing at this point still. I have another phone shipping to my house and its preparing for shipment. Both phones have been charged to my card at this point.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I have the 128GB version of that model and its in processing. I seemed to have notice pretty much everyone with in-store pickup is in processing at this point still. I have another phone shipping to my house and its preparing for shipment. Both phones have been charged to my card at this point.

OH I forgot to specify mine is being shipped to my home.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I feel for you as AT&T is a mess. You can wait for 45 minutes only to have a recording come on to tell you they are busy and can't take my call now!

I have been with AT&T from back in the CIngular days and never seen a mess as big as this. Glad I went dorectly to APple and did not want a Plus. My 6 will arrive on Friday. Maybe months down the road I might grab a Plus but not now.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I ordered the same model, and mine says "Preparing for Shipment". I also see it listed under my support profile. I ordered it around 11:30 am last Friday from Apple.com.

Last edited:

Zach23

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Exact same problem here. Kind of worried because every time I order from apple it ships from the States (I'm in Canada). No chance it can ship overnight so I expect it to ship soon :S

lfshammu

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Same problem kinda. Mine is at preparing for shipment, but I have not found any tracking number when searching by reference. Not worried though. Just have to be patient :)

dfiz1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Chicago, IL
Same deal with mine; same phone, being shipped to my home address.

Not seeing any change past processing since Saturday. But like someone else said, not anything to worry about at this point. I'm still expecting fulfillment on 9/19.

FYI, I ordered through the Apple Store app on my iPad, and upgraded via ATT Next.

There's a common trend on the forum that this specific model:

GSM (AT&T for me)
iPhone 6 Plus
Space Gray
64 GB

is still stuck on processing for the Apple Store pre-orders. Anyone else having this issue wanna chip on their order specific details? For example:

I placed my order at 3:24 EST and I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Mine has been in the processing stage and hasn't left that stage since I made my order. Funny enough, I made an order for the same exact model under my Apple ID (his AT&T account though) for a friend of mine who lives in West Palm Beach, the county north of Broward county. His order has been in the "preparing for shipment" phase since Sunday, and his phone's serial number already shows up on my support profile, plus it has a tracking number with UPS (location: China). I made his order about 30 minutes after I made mine, and his phone is a week 37 (last week) device.

My delivery date is still scheduled for 9/19, and there are no hold issues with my bank (I contacted them to check).

I know others on here are going through the same thing with the exact model as mine, so please pitch in on specifics surrounding your case! :) Maybe we can find out why this specific model has this reoccurring issue for the Apple Store pre-orders, and keep each other updated regarding the statuses of our individual orders!

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Same deal with mine; same phone, being shipped to my home address.

Not seeing any change past processing since Saturday. But like someone else said, not anything to worry about at this point. I'm still expecting fulfillment on 9/19.

FYI, I ordered through the Apple Store app on my iPad, and upgraded via ATT Next.

Me too! I ordered on the Apple Store app (one of the first waves of people to get through), and I upgraded using AT&T's Next installment program. I'm only a little uneasy given the timeframe, and seeing everyone around me getting their orders fulfilled except me LMAO.

It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one in this boat with this model, but it's just a weary feeling that something is holding up the process. God forbid at last minute the date get pushed back.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
IF (and I stress IF) there is no update by Wednesday I might be concerned.

What likely is happening is our phones are already stateside. Apple is the logistics king when it comes to this, and I trust them implicitly (out of the millions of orders every year, only an absolute handful have issues, and it's usually carrier theft lol).

It's probably going to be overnighted from TN, and probably already here.

As I mentioned already, no worries =)

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I feel for you as AT&T is a mess. You can wait for 45 minutes only to have a recording come on to tell you they are busy and can't take my call now!

I have been with AT&T from back in the CIngular days and never seen a mess as big as this. Glad I went dorectly to APple and did not want a Plus. My 6 will arrive on Friday. Maybe months down the road I might grab a Plus but not now.

Other than AT&T being his provider, the order status has nothing to do with AT&T.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
IF (and I stress IF) there is no update by Wednesday I might be concerned.

What likely is happening is our phones are already stateside. Apple is the logistics king when it comes to this, and I trust them implicitly (out of the millions of orders every year, only an absolute handful have issues, and it's usually carrier theft lol).

It's probably going to be overnighted from TN, and probably already here.

As I mentioned already, no worries =)

That's actually not a bad P.O.V. on this! It lightens my mood a bit, because I remember the first shipment of iPhones coming in last week! And my friend's model that lives in West Palm Beach was a week 37 model, so it's quite possible his only processed faster because it's coming from China, where as ours could already be in the U.S.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, what's the common ground here that let only SOME phones pass the processing stage, and the majority (or what seems to be the majority) stuck in processing.

dfiz1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Chicago, IL
Makes sense - I'd be lying if I said there weren't at least a couple of butterflies in my belly, hoping that there are no delays. I think it's fine though, having ordered from Apple before, and especially with UPS. UPS is notoriously slow sending confirmation + Tracking number assignment. I'll be more flustered tomorrow if there's no change, and bordering on livid the following day if it's the same.

I'm in Chicago, btw.

Me too! I ordered on the Apple Store app (one of the first waves of people to get through), and I upgraded using AT&T's Next installment program. I'm only a little uneasy given the timeframe, and seeing everyone around me getting their orders fulfilled except me LMAO.

It's comforting knowing I'm not the only one in this boat with this model, but it's just a weary feeling that something is holding up the process. God forbid at last minute the date get pushed back.

kels0119

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Cumming, Ga
Same for me... 64gb 6 plus space grey, ordered thru apple store app on iPhone at like 3:20am Eastern. Still says "Processing". Upgraded with ATT Next and charges were on my debit card.

Now my brother has the exact same details except his order was about 350 am and his was a regular upgrade (2 yr) with ATT and says "preparing for shipment".

Still trying to tell myself that since it says "delivery 9/19" that it WILL be here then. Just does make you nervous and curious.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
I'm still on the processing stage but when I signed up for ups choice my package info was there. So as the other person posted I wouldn't start worrying until Wednesday or Thursday. Y'all gonna give yourselves a heart attack. Listen to some enya and relax lol.

rollerbones

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
Ohio
Mine also says: Preparing for Shipment Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping

It was ordered at 3:24am est. 6plus 64gb, space gray, delivered to home. (Verizon)

I ordred a non-plus that is shipping to store that still just says processing ordered 2 min. earlier.

Both ordered from the iPad app.

Last edited:

greyhounds4

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I too am in this boat. 64gb Space Grey 6Plus ordered on the Apple iPhone ap at 3:23AM eastern. My credit card immediately had a hold for the entire amount and still is showing as pending. This was a 2yr contract upgrade.

Sure hope I at least switch to preparing for shipping soon. I was sort of looking forward to tracking my phone from China. As long as it gets here by Friday all is good. After Friday and I am totally screwed since I leave on vacation. :eek:

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Sucks that this is happening, but I'm glad to see those who are in the same boat speaking up on it!

The trend I see is that the really early orders are going through this issue. While the Apple Store app was still a bit unstable.

The debit of the $50 worth of taxes from my Bank of America is still processing, but it should clear by tomorrow. That's what the BoA rep said at least.

smohr33

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2008
64gb Space Gray 6+ AT&T
Ordered 3:44AM EST 9/12 though Apple Store App

-Changed to preparing for shipment - delivers 9/19 on Sunday morning
-Credit card was charged on Sunday morning
-No tracking info yet
-Not showing up on my support profile

EngenZerO

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Denver, CO
Same issue here stuck on processing... 64GB ATT Spacey Grey

I'm Colorado and had some issues with the Apple Store App using the iPhone when placing the order, but it went through at 1:25AM MST on Friday morning (12:25AM PST) and I got a confirmation email right away with a 1.00 dollar pending charge being charged right away and later in the morning my Amex should full amount (i.e., the Tax as I upgraded via ATT NEXT). Both charges are still pending...

My hope is that these early orders have been allotted to state side inventory and hopefully we start seeing some progress with shipping tonight-wednesday night...

DelMac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ordered iP6+ 64GB SG

Ordered at 12:51 AM Pacific time, Apple store app. Later that morning I got the email from Apple saying that Wells Fargo had blocked payment. Immediately called them and had that fixed. Didn't delay it in the least. Both my iP6+ and my leather Apple case show preparing for shipment for arrival on the 19th. Hell even the iP6+screen protectors I ordered off Amazon haven't shipped out yet. It's a busy week for Apple, carriers, and accessory makers so not sweating it a bit. They'll be here on the 19th.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Same issue here stuck on processing... 64GB ATT Spacey Grey

I'm Colorado and had some issues with the Apple Store App using the iPhone when placing the order, but it went through at 1:25AM MST on Friday morning (12:25AM PST) and I got a confirmation email right away with a 1.00 dollar pending charge being charged right away and later in the morning my Amex should full amount (i.e., the Tax as I upgraded via ATT NEXT). Both charges are still pending...

My hope is that these early orders have been allotted to state side inventory and hopefully we start seeing some progress with shipping tonight-wednesday night...

So it seems to be the REALLY early orders are the ones with the problem... #

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.