Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Ever since the first leaks showed the curved glass I knew adding a screen protector was going to be an issue.

I have ordered several cases and several types of plastic and glass screen protectors.

Those are starting to come in and it isn't looking good.

The Spigen Tough Armor with a pretty decent lip still has a little over 1/8 inch/ 3mm gap between the glass/plastic and the tough armor on each side.

I also have a Otterbox Symetry case ordered because those have one of the larger lips and I hope it is close enough.

It appears that the screen protector might look worse than scratches.... ughh:eek:

Pics are of a Tech Armor Glass and a Spigen Tough Armor.

The other 2 plastic ones I have of other brands are exactly the same size.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
It appears that the screen protector might look worse than scratches.... ughh:eek:

What on earth do you do to get scratches on your phone? I've had five iPhones and not a screen protector on any. They've been in bags and pockets with change, keys, pens, staples and been dropped numerous times. In all that time I've never seen so much as any thing resembling a scratch. If something hits the screen hard enough to scratch it, it likely breaks it too (I've found). So why use a screen protector at all?

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Ever since the first leaks showed the curved glass I knew adding a screen protector was going to be an issue.

I have ordered several cases and several types of plastic and glass screen protectors.

The Spigen Tough Armor with a pretty decent lip still has a little over 1/8 inch/ 3mm gap between the glass/plastic and the tough armor on each side.

I also have a Otterbox Symetry case ordered because those have one of the larger lips and I hope it is close enough.

Pics? I ordered a Spigen Tough Armor in black and a Zagg glass screen protector to go on my 6+ SG.

brun019822

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2006
What on earth do you do to get scratches on your phone? I've had five iPhones and not a screen protector on any. They've been in bags and pockets with change, keys, pens, staples and been dropped numerous times. In all that time I've never seen so much as any thing resembling a scratch. If something hits the screen hard enough to scratch it, it likely breaks it too (I've found). So why use a screen protector at all?

good for you.

----------

im also worried how it will look with a screen protector on it.

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
maybe companies will start producing screen protectors that curve around the glass. I'm sure there will be a solution.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
maybe companies will start producing screen protectors that curve around the glass. I'm sure there will be a solution.

A couple started this will the Galaxy S3 but months later the S4 was out with flat glass again. I am hoping this too.

----------

Pics? I ordered a Spigen Tough Armor in black and a Zagg glass screen protector to go on my 6+ SG.

added

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.