Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bengy66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have a pending preorder in for 6+ 64GB Space Gray due to be delivered Oct. 1st-7th. I took off anticipating my iPhone to be delivered on the 19th but due to constraints in the supply chain this isn't happening.

I am seriously tempted to cancel my preorder and camp out with hopes of locating a 6+ on launch day. 2 questions: what do you think the supply will be at the Apple stores, carriers, or Best Buy for the 6+? Any at all? What is the usual turnaround time for the carriers to show your upgrade is eligible?

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
If you were going for an iPhone 6 I'd say yes but since it's for an iPhone 6+ heck no. It's already been reported (and fairly obvious) that they will be in extremely small supply.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Why would you cancel your preorder now? Maybe try camping on the 19th and trying your luck at the Apple store and only cancel if you can land a 6 plus in your hands that day. If you don't get one, you'll still have your preorder as a backup.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I preordered the exact model I wanted. I won't cancel and stand in line and possibly have to settle for a model I don't want.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I wouldn't. You're in the next group after the initial launch. None of us know how many of each phones will be stocked on launch day, but judging by the preorder, we can assume the supply of pluses will be tight. Unless you're planning on being first in line, the one you want probably won't be available. Then if you try to order at that point, you're looking at a November delivery date. Now if you are willing and able to camp out, go nuts.

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
If you were going for an iPhone 6 I'd say yes but since it's for an iPhone 6+ heck no. It's already been reported (and fairly obvious) that they will be in extremely small supply.

To be fair, we don't quite know what the 6+ inventory scenario is at Apple stores yet.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
If you can go to an Apple store (I would not go to a carrier store) and are willing to be one of the first 50 in line, then yes cancel your preorder ahead of time. Otherwise you will run into trouble and not be eligible for upgrade.

I canceled my preorder and my eligibly was reset instantly. This was with AT&T. I checked my eligibility by going through the ordering process on Apples website and it tells me I'm eligible for 2yr contract or NEXT.

I have worked the election poles in November (terrible weather some years here in Michigan) for a family member who runs for office. 13 hours straight, I run up to people who try to avoid me and push literature on them, this is how its done and I absolute hate and dread that day in November so waiting in a chair for 10 - 11 hours for a 6+ iPhone will be easy peasy!

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I'm going at 3AM and rolling the dice.

However, I will NOT cancel my preorder until an Apple employee assures me my spot in line can get a Plus.

:apple:

dmonnin

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Florida
I'm going at 3AM and rolling the dice.

However, I will NOT cancel my preorder until an Apple employee assures me my spot in line can get a Plus.

Same here. Think there's a good chance of getting one if you're one of the first in line

Bengy66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The reason I guess I am debating this move stems from waking up at 1:45am CST to preorder the latest and greatest only to hit refresh a thousand times only to get pushed back a couple weeks.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
The reason I guess I am debating this move stems from waking up at 1:45am CST to preorder the latest and greatest only to hit refresh a thousand times only to get pushed back a couple weeks.

I think you should just wait it out. You've already ordered, it's in the system, packages are potentially already physically moving around based on THAT order. To cancel it just adds to the delay for the whole process. Now multiply this by everyone else doing this same thing, and you end up with a crappy backed up confused situation that we face right now. Just my two cents on the matter. Patience, grasshoppa.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I think you should just wait it out. You've already ordered, it's in the system, packages are potentially already physically moving around based on THAT order. To cancel it just adds to the delay for the whole process. Now multiply this by everyone else doing this same thing, and you end up with a crappy backed up confused situation that we face right now. Just my two cents on the matter. Patience, grasshoppa.

Sage advice, Master Po. Can I take the stone from your hand now? :)

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.

Yeah, I'm honestly feeling the same way. I already lost a night of sleep for a failed 9/19 preorder. The thought of another night without a guaranteed phone isn't appealing. However, the thought of not having my phone until Oct. 1-6 is even more unappealing. :cool:

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
I have a pending preorder in for 6+ 64GB Space Gray due to be delivered Oct. 1st-7th. I took off anticipating my iPhone to be delivered on the 19th but due to constraints in the supply chain this isn't happening.

I am seriously tempted to cancel my preorder and camp out with hopes of locating a 6+ on launch day. 2 questions: what do you think the supply will be at the Apple stores, carriers, or Best Buy for the 6+? Any at all? What is the usual turnaround time for the carriers to show your upgrade is eligible?

Word on the street is Best Buy doesn't have the plus models for Friday. So thats a no go. The apple store.....depending on the size of the store.....can have a shipment from 1-20. Personally, if you're not in the first 10 spots....I'd probably feel pretty nervous.

Same here. Think there's a good chance of getting one if you're one of the first in line

This PLUS 1. No pun intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.