Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Nevermind, solver the issue.

I've been trying to create a partition on my MacBook Pro, however it never works and tells me I must repair my disk in Disk Utility. However, when I try and do that, it doesn't work and suggests I do it in recovery mode.

I go in to recovery mode (do the whole command+r at startup), and I get this message:

"The OS X installation couldn't be completed".

It suggests restarting but I've done it several times and it doesn't work.

Anyone know what I could do?
I'm also unable to do a clean install because of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:

deenamathew

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Try booting from the original internal disk.
Use SuperDuper (free for a full clone), or Carbon Copy Cloner (30 day demo) to clone the original disk to the new disk.
Try booting the cloned new disk.
Does that work?

If you now need to upgrade to a new version of Mac OS X, do it as an update to the cloned disk, not a new install.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Try booting from the original internal disk.
Use SuperDuper (free for a full clone), or Carbon Copy Cloner (30 day demo) to clone the original disk to the new disk.
Try booting the cloned new disk.
Does that work?

If you now need to upgrade to a new version of Mac OS X, do it as an update to the cloned disk, not a new install.

I was able to fix it by booting up into Apple's servers in the end :)
I had tried it before but it wouldn't connect to my Wifi, but using the ethernet cable I managed, and was able to access Disk Utility. Fixed it all!

Thanks anyway! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.