Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Sweden, Pennybridge
Hi! I have a little problem regarding VPN tunneling. I have some clients that need to connect to their office network and reach it from home. I've made a VPN Connection to their network but It doesn't seem to work mapping to their shared maps on the server.

Like If I go to network in OSX I then want to be able to find the shared network maps there. Do anyone have a clue how this works?

I have tried the command + K thing and done SMB:// :roll eyes:

Ex. smb://srv001/gemensam

Kevax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Sweden, Pennybridge
Now are you using a company approved VPN client or are you trying to use the built in?

Don't really know what you mean. But the VPN is setup on Windows Server 2012 R2. They have a server with VPN installed and sharing different maps to all the users in the domain when on the network locally. (with cable) But the thing is that the persons who use PC can easily just login with their domain name when at home and connect to the VPN and then reach the maps from the server.

On the Macs I can connect to the VPN with their login credentials but I can't reach the shared maps from the server. Hope I am not explaining this all to bad...

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Don't really know what you mean. But the VPN is setup on Windows Server 2012 R2. They have a server with VPN installed and sharing different maps to all the users in the domain when on the network locally. (with cable) But the thing is that the persons who use PC can easily just login with their domain name when at home and connect to the VPN and then reach the maps from the server.

On the Macs I can connect to the VPN with their login credentials but I can't reach the shared maps from the server. Hope I am not explaining this all to bad...

That's a problem in the server setup. As long as you can log into the server with your Domain account through the VPN you should have access to the same shares that you have access to when at the company's network. Talk this over with the other Mac users using the VPN and if they see the same problem.

Kevax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Sweden, Pennybridge
That's a problem in the server setup. As long as you can log into the server with your Domain account through the VPN you should have access to the same shares that you have access to when at the company's network. Talk this over with the other Mac users using the VPN and if they see the same problem.

Ok! Thanks, then it must be something in the server setup then. I've tried on 3 different Mac computers but it's the same outcome on all devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.