Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Apologize for the video quality etc. Just wanted to get some detailed video of the Midnight Blue and the Olive Brown. Also tossed in my iPhone 5/5s black leather case for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE1SosA8jQ

Here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 16,863
Last edited:

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
How does it feel? Worth £35?

Feels a tad more flimsy than my i5 leather case. BUT my hunch is they're shooting for an even more streamlined case. Time will tell if it's still as durable.

Also, my i5 case is about a year old now. It has that soft leather feel. The new i6 cases don't have that same supple feeling, but that could be due to age.

The micro suede or whatever is on the inside looks/feels awesome. Entire case def smells of leather too.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Apologize for the video quality etc. Just wanted to get some detailed video of the Midnight Blue and the Olive Brown. Also tossed in my iPhone 5/5s black leather case for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE1SosA8jQ

Here's a pic

...looks quite nice - you've gone for the same colour which I am toying with (midnight blue, which would look awsome with the space grey iPhone 6 and my blue themed wallpaper!!).

The only thing holding me back is the open cut out at the bottom - I would have preferred the case to have been fully closed, like the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5!

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Agree about the bottom. I was nervous that the midnight blue would be too light. It's not. Same went for the olive brown. Was hoping it wouldn't be too "olive".

The midnight blue will be going on my silver while the olive brown on my wife's gold.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
...looks quite nice - you've gone for the same colour which I am toying with (midnight blue, which would look awsome with the space grey iPhone 6 and my blue themed wallpaper!!).

The only thing holding me back is the open cut out at the bottom - I would have preferred the case to have been fully closed, like the Apple leather case for the iPhone 5!

They probably left the bottom completely open to avoid this:
attachment.php

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
They probably left the bottom completely open to avoid this:

Only reason I never went for an official case for my 5. My wife got one, she doesn't use headphones with hers or for music at all for that a matter. I have a pair of Bose QC20i plugged into mine for music. Whilst they just about fit with the Apple case of it would clearly have stressed and then split above the hole for the jack as per the pic. Hoping the 6 case has a little more clearance.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Got my 6 black leather case. Nice and thin. Doesn't add much to the thinness of the phone. I had one for my 5s and it seemed like that one smelled of leather more than this one. I actually checked the box to make sure they hadn't sent the plastic one. The inside back is a smooth felt like material. Very nice. Of course it isn't worth the cost, but in for a penny in for a pound.

DerekDock

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Santa Cruz, Ca
Nice. I am interested in either the Brown or Black for my space grey 6. Have some cheaper plastic ones for launch and will probably go in store to see which one of these I like more. Please share some feedback on fit once you receive your phone.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I'm actually very happy about the open bottom. I have a case I love but it's open on the top and bottom. I often wish the top were covered. But I like the bottom being open to make it easier to use some music docks and stuff.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I'm glad the bottom is open. That blue looks so nice. It also looks thinner than I was anticipating it to be. Thanks for sharing OP!

coolnwo

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Be careful mine scratched very easily just pulling it out of the packaging because of how sharp the plastic it comes in is. I pulled it out and thought it had came like that not thinking that it was scratch that easy just pulling it out.

This is going back within the next 30 days or might consider just exchanging it depending on how it holds up.

I got the Blue

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Be careful mine scratched very easily just pulling it out of the packaging because of how sharp the plastic it comes in is. I pulled it out and thought it had came like that not thinking that it was scratch that easy just pulling it out.

This is going back within the next 30 days or might consider just exchanging it depending on how it holds up.

I got the Blue

I did the SAME thing on the olive brown. Just a faint scrape down the left side because of the plastic. I was bummed out about that and was thinking the same as you. Maybe see how the silicone cases are on Friday.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
They are going to scratch a little. It's the nature of leather. Just enjoy the smell, feel and texture of the case.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I have the 5 case and love it. However I have a hatred for cases that leave the bottom and/or top open so went for something else. Was actually gutted when I saw the bottom was open as I love my iPhone 5s Apple case :-(

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I have the 5 case and love it. However I have a hatred for cases that leave the bottom and/or top open so went for something else. Was actually gutted when I saw the bottom was open as I love my iPhone 5s Apple case :-(

...agreed - the case looks awsome (as does the iPhone 5 one) however I think I am gonna give it a miss purley for this reason!

:(

twylie

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
just received the brown and red leather cases. Very thin and seem to be well made. Looks to be ~1mm thinner than the Spigen Slim Armor on my 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.