Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
I plan to get a Zagg Glass, but it looks like shipments will not be going out until the end of the month.

I wonder if any retailers will get them first?

Anyone waiting for the manufacturers to work the bugs out?

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Only the edges are rounded right?

I was guessing the tempered glass screen protectors would all be reduced in size to only cover the flat part. If so, they should all work well with most open faced cases.

Just a guess.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I'm getting the Glass shield by Zagg. I work at best buy and we are supposed to get the Zagg shields today or tomorrow. I know it will be before The iPhone release. I'm out of state on vacation but today i stopped by a best buy store and they already have cases for the iPhone 6. I'll be going back again and see if they have the shields.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Using anything other than Tech Armor makes no sense. Lifetime warranty.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I plan on buying a screen protector at the store, and making the tech dweeb who works there installing it. Cheapest one; then, when more of the ones on amazon have reviews, I will buy the one with the most good reviews

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Power Support will be making protectors for the iPhone 6. I am waiting to see how they will tackle the curved edges.

They responded to my email stating that they expect to have a screen protector that covers the entire screen, and not just stop at where the curves start.

They've always made the best ones in my opinion, especially the finished cut. Not like those ugly ones with box cutouts for the holes, etc. and they never bubble up. So either them or naked glass for me

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Nada. Haven't used one since the day I bought my 3GS (took it off due to bubbling & coming up around the edges). No scratches on any of the 4 iPhones I've owned since then.

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
Nada. Haven't used one since the day I bought my 3GS (took it off due to bubbling & coming up around the edges). No scratches on any of the 4 iPhones I've owned since then.

You're just not looking at the right angle of light to see the micro scratches.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Already have my Spigen Crystal screen protectors to go along with my Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Spigen makes the best clear screen protectors by far! I'm not too fond of the cutouts on this screen protector, so I will use it until I find a good glass option or another clear screen protector of similar quality and more attractive cutouts.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
If you have to look that hard, they're not really a problem.

That doesn't mean they don't exist. No matter how carefull one is or how much care one takes there will always be scratches even if they are very tiny. Anyone who says they have no scratches on their device are just kidding themselves. The only way to prevent them or at least minimise them is to use a screen protector.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I've used power support anti glare since the 3G.

Got one when I got an iPhone 5. A year and 8 months later I had to take it off due to scratches. When I did the screen was still perfect. But if lost the packet with the other shield in.

Picked up some Anker crystal clear ones. It went on very well. Fits very well but it's a complete fingerprint magnet.

Needless to say I'll be going back to power support anti glare if I get the 6.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Already have my Spigen Crystal screen protectors to go along with my Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Spigen makes the best clear screen protectors by far! I'm not too fond of the cutouts on this screen protector, so I will use it until I find a good glass option or another clear screen protector of similar quality and more attractive cutouts.

What's wrong with the cutouts? Can you show pics? :confused:

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Ordered from Zagg and immediately got a call from my bank's fraud dept. to verify the purchase.

Wonder if they have had some issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.