Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rattler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Does anyone know from previous Apple deliveries what is the required age to sign for the package? I know for most items it just has to be a resident at the shipping address but some companies request an adult signature for high value electronics. Does Apple do this? I'm 17 and my parents probably won't be home on Friday, so would they accept my signature if I show them an ID (my name is on the shipping label)?
Thanks!

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Ain't no UPS guy gonna ask your ID bish.

Wear your Dad's jacket and put on a deep voice. You'll be sweet.

Grab a walkin' cane to be extra convincing.

AceMason

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Does anyone know from previous Apple deliveries what is the required age to sign for the package? I know for most items it just has to be a resident at the shipping address but some companies request an adult signature for high value electronics. Does Apple do this? I'm 17 and my parents probably won't be home on Friday, so would they accept my signature if I show them an ID (my name is on the shipping label)?
Thanks!

I believe its as long as you live in the household. I would sign for my parents packages all the time as a kid

ejfontenot

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Texas
Maybe old enough to open the door? TX used to have a law that if you could reach the bar, you could buy a beer. I assume the same is true for UPS.

JohnnyDJunior

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
I was charged and its still on Backorder

I usually go to the store and they have it so I'm able to cancel my backorder and get that but i guess not.

Does that mean it'll be delivered on time 19th

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
Surprisingly, this year you do not need a signature. http://bit.ly/1qZDDYF

I think it is carrier specific. That one seems to be sprint? The notice I get from my tracking number from apple is different.

Drivers make deliveries between 9 am and 7 pm local time.

There are restrictions in place for the delivery of your iPhone:

A signature is required - unless you pre-sign with an Apple e-InfoNotice (see below).
The package will not be left by the driver (someone must be present for delivery).
UPS cannot change the delivery address
If any of these restrictions present a problem, the following solutions are available to ensure you receive your iPhone as scheduled:

An Apple Electronic InfoNotice (e-InfoNotice) can be used to pre-sign for the delivery.
a) You can access an Apple e-InfoNotice using the following methods:

· From the Apple Ship Notification email received as confirmation of the order, click the "Pre-sign for Delivery" button below the Ship-To address.

· From the Apple website, access the "Online Order Status" section and click on the "Pre-sign for this Shipment" link.

You may place the package on Will Call.
a) By placing a Will Call, the package will be available for pickup from the UPS Customer Center.

b) A Customer Service Representative will be able to find the closest location and schedule your Will Call.

Only Apple can make a change to delivery address. If you need to have your iPhone delivered to an alternate address please contact Apple at 1-800-My-Apple.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I think it'd only be an issue if you looked really young and were short. Even then, you could just show him your ID showing you are 17. If he thought you were 11 I don't think he wouldn't give it to you. I can't imagine being 17 is a problem, so don't worry everyone is right. You'll sign for it and he'll move to the next one. I wonder what their policy is on this, though.

AlejandroK

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
I think it is carrier specific. That one seems to be sprint? The notice I get from my tracking number from apple is different.

I ordered from Apple as well. Once you track the package, there is no notice that a signature is needed. After I saw this, I proceeded to talk to a UPS rep. He asked for my tracking number and saw that a signature was not required.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
When the UPS man arrives open the door, get the phone, place the phone inside, then sign the paper and if he ask you something tell him that you have something to do. Close the door and enjoy your new iphone.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport

## that made my night or morning ... Wait why am I still up

----------

Or you can always answer the door naked that always leaves them speechless lol so they won't be worrying about ya age

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014

Actually, you are wrong. UPS has two different signature options for the sender to choose. One is a regular signature, and the other is an adult signature. If the latter is required, they will ask for your ID.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Actually, you are wrong. UPS has two different signature options for the sender to choose. One is a regular signature, and the other is an adult signature. If the latter is required, they will ask for your ID.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.