Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about this awesome case and company. Pricey at $90, but I have had 3 prior Vaja products without regrets and ordered the Grip LP for a new iPhone 6+. Like the phone, the case will take some time to get, so get yours ordered ahead of time and if anyone gets the cases please post pics here if you can. I ordered a Pewter Gray and Black version to go with a Space Gray iPhone....

http://www.vajacases.com

Some pics from their website:

bgWH18R.jpg

brqbHjN.jpg

WGgb7sB.jpg

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
Vaja cases are nice! I had it for my iPhone 4. The only negative I can think of is the long wait and shipping times from Argentina (I live in South East Asia). What I grew to dislike is they added substantial thickness to the phone itself. That's why I went with Calypsocase this time round. A thin leather case. The pricing is costlier than Vaja substantially. And the time to ship is 3-4 weeks. But its all Italian leather. Oh well. I am just glad we have choices. It's a wonderful thing.

10645260_770761549649239_2170878889901378115_n.jpg

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Calypsocase, eh? Well this is the first time I'm hearing about them but looks really nice. Thanks for the heads up on another premium leather case! Which one did you order? Looks like the Cabrio model will differ significantly from the Vaja Grip in that it has no overhanging lip so if you put the phone face down it will be on the glass. On the other hand, swipe gestures coming in from the side should be much easier. I will consider it if they are still making them and I don't like the Vaja. But I'm sure the Vaja case will be plenty nice....

Vaja cases are nice! I had it for my iPhone 4. The only negative I can think of is the long wait and shipping times from Argentina (I live in South East Asia). What I grew to dislike is they added substantial thickness to the phone itself. That's why I went with Calypsocase this time round. A thin leather case. The pricing is costlier than Vaja substantially. And the time to ship is 3-4 weeks. But its all Italian leather. Oh well. I am just glad we have choices. It's a wonderful thing.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
Calypsocase, eh? Well this is the first time I'm hearing about them but looks really nice. Thanks for the heads up on another premium leather case! Which one did you order? Looks like the Cabrio model will differ significantly from the Vaja Grip in that it has no overhanging lip so if you put the phone face down it will be on the glass. On the other hand, swipe gestures coming in from the side should be much easier. I will consider it if they are still making them and I don't like the Vaja. But I'm sure the Vaja case will be plenty nice....

I ordered the exact same thing I posted! The black Cabrio to fit my black leather card holder and wallet. They have 2 other models for the 6/6+. The book and the wallet. All are priced the same. But they are only making 500 of each colour/model. Will definitely do a review once I get them. First time ordering from them. Ordered the day the 6/6+ was announced.

nilnova

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
It seems I've become a case whore because I already received 2 and I'm still considering a couple of others. :D The Vaja is one that looks quite sexy. I just don't like that the bottom is so exposed. Oh, and that it is expensive. Still, I am tempted.

DerekDock

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Santa Cruz, Ca
It seems I've become a case whore because I already received 2 and I'm still considering a couple of others. :D The Vaja is one that looks quite sexy. I just don't like that the bottom is so exposed. Oh, and that it is expensive. Still, I am tempted.

I know how you feel. I have a Spigen in hand, another on the way and am debating on either a wood or leather for my third. This Vaja is really tempting.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I went ahead and took the plunge on a Vaja this morning. Never had one before but the dearth of 6+ cases has made me look to different suppliers than I did before. I ended up going with the Grip LP in peppermint and azalea. I love pink and green together; can't wait to get it!

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I went ahead and took the plunge on a Vaja this morning. Never had one before but the dearth of 6+ cases has made me look to different suppliers than I did before. I ended up going with the Grip LP in peppermint and azalea. I love pink and green together; can't wait to get it!

Picture, Like this? Very original and I like it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.34.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.34.40 PM.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 419

kds786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Tennessee
I love their cases. I had two Swarovski cases when I had a palm (ancient, I know!) and I have a quilted "Chanel" looking case from them for my 5. I'll definitely get another, but I want to wait to see if the come out with more options.

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Tumi's leather case looks good too but not for 6+ yet. Black, blue and orange color options...

pTUMI1-19530215enh-z8.jpg

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I just took the plunge and ordered a case from here for my 6+:

http://www.noreve.com

I've had the same leather flip case on my phone for 3 years. The one I have is no longer made (SGP.) I want another leather flip without the added bulk of card slots, they are hard to find. Vaja seems to be adding to the collection, but a flip wasn't available the last time I checked.

I have no idea when to expect delivery, but I have a couple of cheap ones on the way to get me by.

JCL

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
I haven't used a case in ages but this new 6+ is very slippery when using it with one hand.

I had a Vaja leather back on my 5s which worked perfectly for laying it on any surface (i don't drop my phones) and was very high quality.

I might give this LP a chance, but most Vaja cases are pretty thick.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Yes I love Vaja lol! I ordered a pewter gray/caterina bronze green for my iP6 silver the other day. Now just to wait 3 weeks and make do with the spigen hybrid ex which is an alright case but not as nice as the iP5 version.

dipan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Vaja has a new case for the 6+, a folio style case that opens like a book. They call it the Agenda. Looks pretty nice....

dT4uHEr.png

BhPXeQh.jpg

k2dnyAT.png

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Anyone have a standard Vaja Grip for iPhone 6+ in hand yet? I'm curious about how much thickness the case adds to the phone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.