Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I'm not worried about scratches, but fingerprints on my screens drive me crazy

On my iPhone, it's no problem because:
- the part of my thumb that I use to operate the iPhone is less greasy
- the screen is tiny and easy to wipe very quickly with my shirt

On my iPad mini,
- the part of my fingers I use is the 'pad' which is the greasiest part
- the screen is way bigger and I look crazy when wiping it

So can anyone please suggest a good screen protector that shows fingerprints a little less?

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Greasy fried chicken and ipad do not mix. Wash and dry hands thoroughly before using idevices.

juliehrobak

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2014
Just use an anti-glare screen protector. Those usually help with fingerprint prevention. Or you could just use a stylus with the ipad, those help a lot.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Screen protectors tend to make oily fingerprints standout even more than going without. I've learned that from experience. I still use screen protectors on all of my tablets.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I like tech armor on amazon. Perfect fit, and anti glare no fingerprints. And you get 3. Got it the first time.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I like tech armor on amazon. Perfect fit, and anti glare no fingerprints. And you get 3. Got it the first time.

Do you think the Tech Armor prices will go up for the Air version since the 2 has been announced?

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Do you think the Tech Armor prices will go up for the Air version since the 2 has been announced?

Na. I doubt it. I also see some companies selling screen protectors, saying "not for new iPad Air", but I don't believe it. Just bought tech armor for the new iPad Air that will come out (so I have this when the new ipad arrives) and will report if there are any issues. The screen is flat and the same size as all the others, so I can't imagine it not fitting.

If it's a front camera issue, I don't care, as I don't ever use that.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
I would recommend typing into amazon, "fingerprint resistant screen protector" and going with the cheapest option.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Na. I doubt it. I also see some companies selling screen protectors, saying "not for new iPad Air", but I don't believe it. Just bought tech armor for the new iPad Air that will come out (so I have this when the new ipad arrives) and will report if there are any issues. The screen is flat and the same size as all the others, so I can't imagine it not fitting.

If it's a front camera issue, I don't care, as I don't ever use that.
I ended up doing the same my Air 2 will be here tomorrow already have the Tech Armors. I hope it goes smoothly.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Any protector that has anit-fingerprint texture will also impact clarity. I tried many of them on my iPhone 4S and they all looked grainy.

natsinicky

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
OP's problem may have been solved already, but I would get the anti-glare version of this screen protector. amFilm has been terrific for me in the past, and I would highly recommend them. Great film, great price.

rennerarruda

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Japan
Anyone is using the Tech Armor screen protector?

Which one is the best? HD Clear, Matte Anti-Glare or RetinaShield Blue Light Filter?

I want to avoid the fingerprints, but I don't want to lose the quality of the screen...

Thanks!

natsinicky

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
Anyone is using the Tech Armor screen protector?

Which one is the best? HD Clear, Matte Anti-Glare or RetinaShield Blue Light Filter?

I want to avoid the fingerprints, but I don't want to lose the quality of the screen...

Thanks!

You should probably stick to an anti-glare one. I would just type into amazon, "ipad mini anti-glare screen protector", and take a peek at the reviews for a few different brands before purchasing. I've had tech armor before, and they certainly aren't bad (supershieldz is a waste of time, as a counter example). There are just tons of options!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.