Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Because Friday is going to be so busy that they aren't going to be able to deliver all the iPhones by end of day. He said that 9/19 iPhone deliveries are going to stretch into Saturday!!! :eek: :mad: For reeeelz?

He's been the UPS guy for my house for 6-7 years now and he always sticks around and chats when he delivers stuff. He's always bitching about his job and the company. I'm not sure why he would make this up. Has this happened before?

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Because Friday is going to be so busy that they aren't going to be able to deliver all the iPhones by end of day. He said that 9/19 iPhone deliveries are going to stretch into Saturday!!! :eek: :mad: For reeeelz?

He's been the UPS guy for my house for 6-7 years now and he always sticks around and chats when he delivers stuff. He's always bitching about his job and the company. I'm not sure why he would make this up. Has this happened before?

Exactly how quickly did you think they would be able to disperse up to 4,000,000 iPhones around the CONUS?

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
So you think that the maybe 5 iPhones in my delivery area is going to make someone work another full day? Stupid

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas

..and he always sticks around and chats when he delivers stuff.
He's always bitching about his job and the company. I'm not sure why he would make this up. Has this happened before?

No wonder he has to work Saturday.

techedude

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
That is incorrect. I'm a driver for Ups and here is the scenarios. All iPhones that are scanned into the building and loaded on the truck on Friday will be delivered or at least attempted. Saturday is when Air drivers work and there is a chance if your phone got held up in transit on Friday then it will be delivered on Saturday. Basically if your phone had a delivery date of 9/19 and it got missorted and it delayed transit times then you can expect Ups to upgrade to Saturday delivery.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
I bet some of you will receive your iphone by tomorrow and no later than Friday.

Apple has been doing this for a lot of years and they always deliver their products on time.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
That is incorrect. I'm a driver for Ups and here is the scenarios. All iPhones that are scanned into the building and loaded on the truck on Friday will be delivered or at least attempted. Saturday is when Air drivers work and there is a chance if your phone got held up in transit on Friday then it will be delivered on Saturday. Basically if your phone had a delivery date of 9/19 and it got missorted and it delayed transit times then you can expect Ups to upgrade to Saturday delivery.

Exactly what my ups guy told me today. This is the delivery guy for my business address (commercial area)

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I'm a ups driver. Wedon't work sat to deliver. But for send agains ,they are called. Tonsssss of people aren't home so they are tried sat. All the new guys work sat and can't handle it when it's heavy so they ask higher up guys to volenteer to work sat. If enough people don't they force you to work from the senority list from the bottom up

techedude

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I highly doubt there will be that many deliveries for Saturday. The usual Air Driver crew might have a couple on each of their trucks. The bulk is all coming in on Friday. Apple and Ups have a huge account so Ups will not mess this up. We are the best shipping company!

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I highly doubt there will be that many deliveries for Saturday. The usual Air Driver crew might have a couple on each of their trucks. The bulk is all coming in on Friday. Apple and Ups have a huge account so Ups will not mess this up. We are the best shipping company!

Living the dream lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.