Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

softandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Does anyone know what is happening with deliveries from Three in the UK?

Says online that my delivery day is the 19th but I've heard rumours that they are delayed until October!

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I was told october the 3rd when I ordered mine.

I very much doubt it will arrive then. You get told a later date the later you order. ;)

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I was told 3rd of October, I received a call earlier saying they had their iPhone deliveries and was starting to smile thinking he was going to say mine had arrived. Sadly no said they will be getting further deliveries so will advise if it arrives.

Roll on the 3rd :)

softandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Oh ok I haven't had a phone call so maybe that means it's all on for tomorrow.

Although I have been without reception a lot today as had a meeting in a dungeon :-(

anarche

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
I read that as 'three iPhone 6 deliveries have been made in the UK already':eek:

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Does anyone know what is happening with deliveries from Three in the UK?

Says online that my delivery day is the 19th but I've heard rumours that they are delayed until October!

They're saying we'll get a text tonight and/or tomorrow about delivery

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Thanks guys.

Has anyone had a text from them yet?

I didnt, but i rang and was told its scheduled for delivery tomorrow and will be here tomorrow, also said id receive a DPD text tomorrow morning.

My understanding was that if they havent contacted and said your order was delayed or being pushed to Oct sometime, you would get it tomorrow, lets hope so!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I had a text and email. Mine's on its way to my nearest depot about 10 miles from my house. :)

softandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
I had a text and email. Mine's on its way to my nearest depot about 10 miles from my house. :)

Okay - now I'm getting worried. Not text yet and no email. Really not sure what to think!

Anyone else with Three still in the dark about today?

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I'm another 3rd October. I'm a 6+ in space grey which appears to be rare according to a post I've seen on here.

Still pretty annoyed by the way Three handled pre orders this year. Still considering cancelling the whole lot.

Timbo69

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
I ordered online on the Friday as soon as the website kicked into life....about 4:30. Everything from them (initial text message, email and the My3 Account webpage) state delivery on the 19th. Rang up yesterday and they said online orders were "queued" and my order didn't actually go through until Sunday, so it will be October 10th. My3 still says 19th September delivery this morning!!

Pretty much all the UK carriers have been shockingly bad with this launch, their online systems have been largely inadequate. Best thing to do in future years seems to be keep ringing the call centre to order and bypass the web sites.

softandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
I'm another 3rd October. I'm a 6+ in space grey which appears to be rare according to a post I've seen on here.

Still pretty annoyed by the way Three handled pre orders this year. Still considering cancelling the whole lot.

Think I will cancel too. I'm not really concerned about not receiving the phone but poor communication, a terrible call centre and rising prices are making them a lot less desirable as a network!

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Think I will cancel too. I'm not really concerned about not receiving the phone but poor communication, a terrible call centre and rising prices are making them a lot less desirable as a network!

Yeah the woman was delighted telling me I was one of the first people to order my phone, funny that I feel like I am going to be one of the last ones to actually receive it.

I am now on a contract that is almost 50% more expensive than last year whilst also losing unlimited tethering. Three like to pretend to be different from other networks however they seem to be acting like the usual suspects

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
Yeah the woman was delighted telling me I was one of the first people to order my phone, funny that I feel like I am going to be one of the last ones to actually receive it.

I am now on a contract that is almost 50% more expensive than last year whilst also losing unlimited tethering. Three like to pretend to be different from other networks however they seem to be acting like the usual suspects

How can you be one of the first when I was told that too? ha ha.

Yeah I don't hold much respect for them with the increased prices, also they called on the 18th to tell me they didn't receive my order just like a kick in the teeth.

softandy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
How can you be one of the first when I was told that too? ha ha.

Yeah I don't hold much respect for them with the increased prices, also they called on the 18th to tell me they didn't receive my order just like a kick in the teeth.

I'm amazed you got a call at all. I have heard nothing at all from them and spent hours being fobbed off by their inadequate call centres. The only answers that I managed to get out of them were on Facebook where they told me all was fine and I would receive my phone but the 19th which proved to be wrong.

I can actually cope not getting the phone I'm not 12 but I am annoyed by the poor service and time I have had to waste just trying to get basic information such as a confirmed delivery date.

Tomorrow I'm just going to cancel with 3 as every time there is any issue it is so unbelievably painful resolving it with them.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I'm amazed you got a call at all. I have heard nothing at all from them and spent hours being fobbed off by their inadequate call centres. The only answers that I managed to get out of them were on Facebook where they told me all was fine and I would receive my phone but the 19th which proved to be wrong.

I can actually cope not getting the phone I'm not 12 but I am annoyed by the poor service and time I have had to waste just trying to get basic information such as a confirmed delivery date.

Tomorrow I'm just going to cancel with 3 as every time there is any issue it is so unbelievably painful resolving it with them.

I preordered in store hence the call. :)

mrpingu

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
*Still* waiting. My expected delivery date is the 10th of October. Anyone received theirs earlier than the expected date?

joshmacbosh

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
I waited a bit before ordering mine and rang up Sep 30th and was told it would be delivered Oct 3rd (i was actually expecting next day delivery but nvm) Late in the Afternoon of the 2nd i got a text saying that it wasn't going to be ready and will now be with me no later then Oct 17th GAH! Wish i'd just gone to a store now, i've done that since 2007 and never been dissapointed.

joshmacbosh

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
I waited a bit before ordering mine and rang up Sep 30th and was told it would be delivered Oct 3rd (i was actually expecting next day delivery but nvm) Late in the Afternoon of the 2nd i got a text saying that it wasn't going to be ready and will now be with me no later then Oct 17th GAH! Wish i'd just gone to a store now, i've done that since 2007 and never been dissapointed.

Just got a text from Three stating I now wont get my phone until Oct 27th :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.